“This is a great place to have the best seafood in the Florida Keys”

KING Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: KING Seafood Retail Market & Restaurant - Open 7 DAYS, 10am-9pm. You can order by the pound or by the menu. Our specialty is Fresh Seafood, from local fisherman. Our commercial boats provide fresh Stone Crab & Lobster (in season), our OPEN Kitchen allows you to see how we prepare your meal when you order.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was getting tired of the same old-same old for lunch one day and decided to take a chance on a new place. Friends of mine had told me good thing about this place , so I finally decided to try it for myself. I was hooked from the moment I walked into the front door. First of all the place was packed and it was barely noon, so I figured the food would be good. The best part is the fact that everything is made to order when you order it. They don't have stuff sitting around soaking in grease , so the food is always hot and cooked to perfection. I ordered a fried mahi sandwich and an order of calamari. All of the food was prepared right in front of me and at an amazing speed. The sandwich was gigantic, and it came on a fresh baked Cuban roll. The calamari was cooked perfectly and there wasn't a hint of greasiness. I highly recommend using the cocktail sauce that they give you. It has just enough horseradish in it to give everything just the right amount of bite. And none of the food was over seasoned or buried in a ton of batter. I am definitely hooked on this place, and I will be returning there frequently.

1  Thank Chris N

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is about as good as it gets. We stopped here for lunch on our first day and it was so good, we returned for dinner and even lunch the following day. Practically everything on the menu is good. Definitely order the conch fritters. My only regret is ordering a fish sandwich instead of just getting the whole fish. Prices are extremely reasonable and staff is friendly. Do not expect wait service.

1  Thank hfh46
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

both the mahi and grouper sandwiches were served hot and cooked to order. would definitely eat here again. the calimari was perfect, place was clean and service really fast. food not expensive for the quantity and quality recieved. place looks a little sketchy on the outside, but its an old building. done fine on the inside

1  Thank Gary N
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for some fresh seafood to take home and cook for family while on vacation. As usual, we put our trust in Trip Advisor, and we have yet to fail!

At first glance, it looks like a small old Keys style restaurant, which is OK. Once we looked at the selection, we were impressed. We were even more impressed by gentleman behind the fish counter, who was also the chef of the restaurant, we believe. He was SUPER friendly, very nice and went out of his way to steam our shrimp for us! He was very proud to work where he did and really seemed to care about the food AND service. The whole experience was great. The next time we are down, we will be eating IN the restaurant!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Casual small dining area. Fresh delicious food----Cuban sandwiches incredible! Bought fish to BBQ---so fresh and tasty. Friendly service : )