“Friendly Cuban Food”

Juice Paradise
Ranked #35 of 90 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cuban restaurant offering amazing sandwiches, fresh juices, sweet desserts, & seasonal produce.
Baton Rouge
“Friendly Cuban Food”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Looking for food near the Sea Turtle Hospital and found this great place!
I had breakfast - great cuban coffee/ham/eggs/cuban break toast - simple but delicious!
We came back the next day on our way home. Really friendly people, told us all about
the refugee boat on the patio. We got plantains with our eggs this time and
sandwiches to take on the plane. My shredded beef was pretty soggy by the time I
ate but still delicious!

Visited May 2013

San Diego, California
“Average”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my wife and I were very excited to try this place for lunch. I am sad to say that we left feeling a little disappointed. It is very much a "hole in the wall" type place, in a small building right across the street from Tranquility Bay Resort (where we stayed) and the Turtle Hospital. The interior is basic but clean, and there is a large covered outdoor patio on the side of the building.

I ordered the Sloppy Cuban Sandwich after reading a favorable review on TripAdvisor. It was just OK. It consisted of shredded meat and a few chopped onions in sauce on Cuban bread. I had fries on the side. My wife had a shredded pork sandwich, which was also average. She didn't bother finishing it. I wish we had ordered one of their main plate entrees so we could have tried more of their side dishes. Maybe they would have been better.

We had mixed juices with combinations of mango, passion fruit, and guava (I think). They were good and refreshing on a hot day.

The service was simply adequate. The woman behind the counter did not offer to answer any questions about the menu or give any suggestions. She simply stood there and stared at us while we looked through the menu and decided what to order. She said nothing to us as she brought our food to us and put it on our table. Likewise, the older woman from the kitchen came out to sit in the dining room and eat a candy bar at one point. She didn't even acknowledge us, even though we were sitting at the table right next to hers.

I definitely would not go out of my way to go to this place, and I probably wouldn't go back if I was vacationing in the Keys. There are too many other restaurants that I would like to try!

• Visited May 2013
Boones Mill, Virginia
“One of the Best Veggie Burgers I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Okay, it was not much to look at and just a little place with limited seating indoors and lots of seating outside. But, don't let the looks fool you. This place is pure Cuban all the way. We had the Veggie Burger and the Authentic Cuban Black Beans and Rice. They were delish. To top if off we had Watermelon juice with fresh squeezed Sugar Cane. It was awesome. I will definitely be going back here again! Love this place

Visited May 2013
Avon, CT
“Great little lunch place with friendly staff.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great little lunch place with friendly staff. Not much atmosphere, but food pretty good. I had empanadas and my husband had palomilla steak. Cousin coquette with preparta. All tasty. Nice change from seafood. Good value

• Visited May 2013
stanford
“Best restaurant of entire trip”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were in the Keys and found this place through Tripadvisor (where else) We were a group of six - grandparents, son and three grandchildren (4, 7, 9) Two of us are non-meat eaters)

We started out with juices, all fresh fruit. I had guava which I was unable to get anywhere else on our trip.

The non-meat eaters ordered egg sandwiches which didn't sound too exciting . They were omelette served on the toasted Cuban bread and arrived with a big order of fries. The price was three something. Una ganga! Others had beef and chicken and everyone was delighted. TAs everyone has said, the ladies preparing and serving were lovely and very nice to the little ones. It is worth a trip to Marathon for this restaurant.

Service was very fast and good. I might not choose this for my 50th anniversary but then again...

• Visited April 2013