“Average”

Juice Paradise
Ranked #36 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cuban restaurant offering amazing sandwiches, fresh juices, sweet desserts, & seasonal produce.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my wife and I were very excited to try this place for lunch. I am sad to say that we left feeling a little disappointed. It is very much a "hole in the wall" type place, in a small building right across the street from Tranquility Bay Resort (where we stayed) and the Turtle Hospital. The interior is basic but clean, and there is a large covered outdoor patio on the side of the building.

I ordered the Sloppy Cuban Sandwich after reading a favorable review on TripAdvisor. It was just OK. It consisted of shredded meat and a few chopped onions in sauce on Cuban bread. I had fries on the side. My wife had a shredded pork sandwich, which was also average. She didn't bother finishing it. I wish we had ordered one of their main plate entrees so we could have tried more of their side dishes. Maybe they would have been better.

We had mixed juices with combinations of mango, passion fruit, and guava (I think). They were good and refreshing on a hot day.

The service was simply adequate. The woman behind the counter did not offer to answer any questions about the menu or give any suggestions. She simply stood there and stared at us while we looked through the menu and decided what to order. She said nothing to us as she brought our food to us and put it on our table. Likewise, the older woman from the kitchen came out to sit in the dining room and eat a candy bar at one point. She didn't even acknowledge us, even though we were sitting at the table right next to hers.

I definitely would not go out of my way to go to this place, and I probably wouldn't go back if I was vacationing in the Keys. There are too many other restaurants that I would like to try!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Okay, it was not much to look at and just a little place with limited seating indoors and lots of seating outside. But, don't let the looks fool you. This place is pure Cuban all the way. We had the Veggie Burger and the Authentic Cuban Black Beans and Rice. They were delish. To top if off we had Watermelon juice with fresh squeezed Sugar Cane. It was awesome. I will definitely be going back here again! Love this place

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great little lunch place with friendly staff. Not much atmosphere, but food pretty good. I had empanadas and my husband had palomilla steak. Cousin coquette with preparta. All tasty. Nice change from seafood. Good value

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were in the Keys and found this place through Tripadvisor (where else) We were a group of six - grandparents, son and three grandchildren (4, 7, 9) Two of us are non-meat eaters)

We started out with juices, all fresh fruit. I had guava which I was unable to get anywhere else on our trip.

The non-meat eaters ordered egg sandwiches which didn't sound too exciting . They were omelette served on the toasted Cuban bread and arrived with a big order of fries. The price was three something. Una ganga! Others had beef and chicken and everyone was delighted. TAs everyone has said, the ladies preparing and serving were lovely and very nice to the little ones. It is worth a trip to Marathon for this restaurant.

Service was very fast and good. I might not choose this for my 50th anniversary but then again...

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I were recently in the Keys for vacation and decided to try this place based on the reviews and the desire for Cuban food. We were not disappointed. For lunch, I sampled the shredded beef plate which was very good. The plates come with your choice of three sides, in which I chose rice, black beans and sweet fried plantains. All were exceptionally good. My wife got the Sloppy Cuban sandwich, which also consisted of shredded beef and assorted peppers and onions with French fries which was excellent. The bread that the sandwich came on was unreal. Highly recommend that sandwich.
We enjoyed the lunch so much that we decided to come back the next day for breakfast. I wanted to try the Cuban sausage omelet but was told that the truck that delivers the sausage didn't come. That was the only real disappointment. I decided to get the other omelet option instead which had ham and peppers in it which was very good. I highly recommend that if you get an omelet to put the hot sauce that they have on the table on it. Very good. The breakfast also comes with Cuban toast (amazing) and Cuban coffee (even more amazing). Wish I would have purchased a Cuban coffee for the road. (One more note; they close at 4 or 5pm, and the later you get there in the day, the less likely you are to get the popular items on the menu. They have a truck that delivers food to them and they make the food fresh daily. If they run out of a particular item, you are out of luck. My advice is not to fret and choose another item. You will likely not be disappointed in whatever you decide to get.)
Also, try the fresh juice there. I had the pineapple and it was very good and very fresh. If I had more time in the Keys I would have tried other varieties. There are many unique juice options. The ladies there were also very friendly and accommodating. Restaurant is very clean as well. I am very critical about those things Breakfast served all day.