The Hammocks at Marathon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)
View Hotel
All reviewsbluegreen propertiesblue greenkey westfishone bedroom unitpool areaspent a week herefun to watchgreat roomnice resorthot tubjet skia great place to staynice kitchencrane pointtiki bar restaurantlaid back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2009

The staff at the Hammocks were very helpful, pleasant, and wanted to make very sure we were comfortable during our stay. The Tiki Bar and pool area had great food and service. At the Tiki bar, Julie Hopkins made us feel right at home with her smile, conversation, and suggestions for things to do and service. She was very pleasant and helpful. The food was great and Paul's preparation of the pasta dishes at Pastabilities were excellent. Patty and Precious at the front desk were very friendly and made us feel like we were VIP guests.

If a resort were to make its patrons as part of a family, it is the Hammocks.

A special thank you,
Ben Bibbo and Diann Detro

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We spent one night here after attending Fantasy Fest in Key West as it was the closest decent accommodation to Key West that we could find (45 miles north of Key West) as KW hotels have 5 night minimum during Fantasy Fest. The resort is beautifully located; the rooms are very nice with flat screen tv's, adequate bathrooms, nice kitchenettes etc. You can get food at the Tiki Bar but the service is terribly slow - well over an hour for breakfast and the poor waitress is run off her feet but keeps a good attitude. Food was good once it arrived but two complaints. The breakfast entrees come with free coffee but my husband and I don't drink coffee. When we asked if we could swap them out for a soda instead, the answer was a resounding no! Also, the toast with our breakfast entrees came dry not buttered. When we asked the chef (who had to deliver our meals because the waitress was run off her feet) if we could please have some butter and jelly, he looked at us as if we were asking for the moon! Ten minutes later he came back with a small plastic cup of liquified butter for us to pour on our toast and some jelly that looked like it was well past its sell by date! That was all very bizarre we felt. We have never had breakfast at any restaurant where they couldn't provide butter or margarine and jelly! My husband was not impressed. However we tried to focus on the lovely views, the birdlife in abundance and the boating activity and not let it bother us too much - after all it was just toast! The other problem is that the music played at the Tiki bar which is next to the pool area is very loud and if you are not an R & B fan (which we are not) the radio station is a bit whiny and annoying! After the breakfast period which runs until 11 a.m. - the music was cranked up even louder. This meant that everyone relaxing around the pool (mainly adults but also 6 kids) had to start speaking very loudly to hear each other speak. Since it was impossible to read my book with all this noise going on, at this point, we left and drove home to Miami. If loud music doesn't bother you, then you'll enjoy the facilities but we wanted peace and quiet after the craziness of Fantasy Fest and just wanted to chill out for the morning after we checked out of the hotel (early check out 10 a.m.) and there was none! Resort is very nice but these issues would stop me personally from returning but I would recommend it to friends of mine who are not as fussy as me about noise levels!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2009

This resort was the first I have stayed in as a new Bluegreen owner and I have to say that I adored it. The room was more spacious than we expected and was very clean. The full fridge and mini-kitchen came in very handy for saving money on meals. The resort has a great little bar right on the Bay where I had the best blackend mahi salad I have eaten in the keys and I go every year and try mahi every place I eat. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The only bad part I could find is that you must pay for wireless internet. This is very annoying as you can stay at the Ramada for $59 dollars and get free wi-fi. I expected more from a 'resort' in that aspect. Overall though this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Relaxing and laid back. Not much going on for the late night party crowd but plenty to do in the daytime and early evening. Well kept, good service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Don't belive everything you hear or read. I read some of the reviews and was a little concerned prior to arrival but I was very happy with the decision to stay here. The experience started off well at the front desk, concierge was very helpful, room was workable, and the property was very nice.

The pool and grills were better than average. The property is a hotel that has been converted to two bedroom units and is laid out very well. There is plenty to do around Marathon and Key West is 45 minutes away. The Starfish was a good snorkel trip, Jerry's boat rental was a reasonable way to get to fish all day and the restaurtant can cook up your catch at a reasonable price. Porkys and the Keys Fisheries were good places to eat in town. I will go back and probably stay at Marathon the next time too. We went to Publix and picked up groceries for breakfast and some lunches and it was 1/2 mile N/E. No cost laundry onsite was a great bonus (shared with floor) and the internet in the room was a reasonable cost $6-7. If you like good service, warm weather and especially breathtaking sunsets.....stay at the Hammocks.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple