Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Tour54065373039
Great adventure, felt comfortable

Roving11275597717
Dresden, Germany

All reviews captain scott snorkeling trip fish great trip great snorkeling boat ride these guys beautiful reef weather conditions sombrero lighthouse marathon key sea life mile bridge safety mate crew keys
Reviewed 5 days ago

We had an amazing day with Captain Ron and Brittany. The boat is very new clean and well maintained. The trip includes use of snorkel gear. We went out to the lighthouse and saw many many beautiful fish, pretty reef with coral and plants and even saw a shark! Captain Ron is safe and he makes sure you have a good time. They have drinks and snacks. Good for families with teens and for couples.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great time with Captain Ross and his daughter. Although we were 29 people, it didn't feel crowded at all. Captain Ross has a lot of experience and felt very responsibel for his guests and their safety. Always watched, that everybody didn't swim to far away from the boat. Equipment worked for us. Thanks a lot for that great afternoon. Good choice for snorkeling beginners, like we are. Great chance to see the lighthouse of Sombrero Beach (we were happy, that he chose that area for that tour - always depending on the weather and tides).

Reviewed 1 week ago

Well, since they keep badgering me for a review I will provide one. Their boat is large and stable. They accommodate a lot of snorkelers so there is the cattleboat feel. The captain spends a-lot of time handing out gear and seemed stressed barking out directions. They solicit for tips a lot. We made it out and back safely so that’s a plus. In addition. I was not forced to wear a lifejacket which I appreciated. This part is not their fault but should be mentioned. Declining water conditions have nearly destroyed this beautiful place. There is very little live coral. You mostly see exoskeletons and rock overgrown by marine algae. Some sponges and fans can be seen. There is a ton of floating and suspended algae now. A good number of fish were present and I saw a nurse shark but I came away feeling sad about the condition of the reef.

1  Thank DoubleDupe
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The sea was too rough and too much grass. This was not a good experience at all! Was stung by jelly fish and the captain just disregarded it. Several people stung wich I get it this is the ocean but at least have some treatment. Should not have taken the trip out. Ocean swells to rough and dangerous. The thickness of grass made it impossible to snorkel. The visibilty was not good either!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With two young children, they were helpful and made sure we were having fun! We had a great time and appreciated their hospitality.

1  Thank Sunny2031
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great time except for the jellyfish. Unfortunately, there were several in the water along with pieces of them. Our children were stung several times so they wouldn’t get back in. My husband and I went in a couple of times but it wasn’t as much fun as we were hoping to experience the snorkeling with our 2 oldest. The capt. and Britanny were great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I brought our 3 children. Gear was provided, the boat was clean, and Captain Ron was personal and professional. He really made the excursion fun and exciting. We saw nurse sharks, jellyfish, a barracuda, and so many beautiful fish. It something our children will remember for years to come. Thank you!!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I thought I already submitted this review once but can’t find it so I will give it another shot.My husband and I have snorkeled at various places around the world so we have extensive Over the years. The boat was Delayed leaving due to late comers ( I thought they didn’t do that), so by the time we got to sombrero reef all of the moorings were taken up in the prime area. So we had to hook up to a buoy on the edge, and the captain’s only comment was “it’s a spot” in an uncaring tone. We had to swim quite a way over sand to get to the reef. There were only a few fish to see but some nice coral, nothing very impressive compared to what it was hyped to be. One of my main concerns was that the crew did not help any of the passengers in or out of the water, and some of the snorkelers were first timers. One good hearted passenger helped the others with their fins and with exiting the water, and for what wePaid they Should have been more professional.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I have to say this was a very disappointing experience. Booked the trip with the understanding it was a snorkeling trip. Unfortunately that was not what was delivered. Once on board we were told due to the weather we were changing plans and going to another location (not a reef). We went to a small island near by and were able to walk around with snorkel gear in hand. While it was nice being out on the water. We did not receive what we booked and paid for. I would not return.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Was excited to book with this company from reading prior reviews; heard the reef was beautiful and the Captain and mate were friendly and made the trips enjoyable. This is the complete opposite of what my family experienced on this trip. I am sure the reef is beautiful but we were taken to an area called Pirates Cove, where we could not see much of anything. The staff was not personable to say the least, in fact they were very rude. I am assuming this was not the "Captain Dusty" that all the previous reviews have raved about. Would love to book one of his trips next time, maybe it would be better. Just a little advice, good customer service goes a long way.