“Excellent instruction and location”

Florida Keys Kiteboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Keys Kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding is located on the corner of US1 A1A and 112th Street in Marathon Florida Keys. Mile Marker 52.5 across the street from Burger King. The address is 11201 Overseas Highway, Marathon, Florida 33050. We offer Kiteboarding, Stand Up Paddleboarding, FlyBoarding, SUP Kiting, SUP Yoga, Longboard Skateboards, Spearfishing, Freediving, Fishing, Lobstering, Lessons, Rentals, Sales, Tours, Charters. Call Aaron Osters any time of the day!
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took two consecutive days of instruction with Aaron in March of 2013 and was very satisfied with
All aspects of Florida Keys Kiteboarding. The location on the highway in Marathon, the custom boat parked out back and the short ride to the Jack Tar Flats just off Vaca Cut was great. Aaron teaches off the boat in knee deep water and I found this to be a great way to learn. Aside from a beautiful location it was nice to be dragged throught the water when things went a little crazy with the kite early on. Body dragging was fun and easy. I would recommend using his wetsuit since my first day I wore my shorty and got scraped up a bit in the shallows. I cut my hand as well but just wore my sailing gloves the next day. I would probably do the same again, wear the gloves that is. I managed to get up on the board at the end of the second lesson for some short distances. All in all I feel like I got a great intro to Kite Boarding and enough instruction to do it safely on my own in the future. I highly recommend Aaron and his shop.

1  Thank Y546LDtimothys
There are newer reviews for Florida Keys Kiteboarding

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had taken kite board lessons in Key West, St Pete, Bonaire and Cape Hatteras (it has been challenging for me). My lesson with Aaron was the best I have had anywhere. Aaron's technical instruction was excellent and his encouragement boosted my confidence so much more than anyone else had. I could only get up and ride short distances in one direction when I came to Aaron. At the end of my lesson, he told me that I had the fundamentals so get out there and practice. Within 5 sessions on my own at Veterans Park at the southern end of the 7 Mile Bridge I was getting up and riding in both directions.
Since this was my first time kite boarding in the Marathon area I might not have gone out by myself if not for Aaron's encouragement.

Thank you Aaron.

Sam

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My good friend and I recently found Aaron Osters (and his terrific staff) by seaching for kiteboarding instruction via the web. We spent 8 days in Marathon, including several days with Aaron @ Florida Keys Kiteboarding. I could not be more pleased with the professionalism of this group. Aaron is a gifted educator/instructor, knows the equipment inside and out, and knows the fine art of customer service. My buddy, John, was new at kiteboarding but I was able to learn much that was left out when I learned. I can not speak more highly of this company and staff. If you find yourself in Vaca Key (Marathon Key), Florida and want to kiteboard or learn to kiteboard, SUP, scuba dive, or spearfish - call Florida Keys Kiteboarding. Five stars!!

AaronOsters, Owner at Florida Keys Kiteboarding, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for the nice review! Looking forward to seeing you two again, come on down any time and enjoy the Florida Keys with us! Please do not hesitate to give us a call with any kiteboarding questions you may have.

Aaron Osters
305-942-9635

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a 52 year old, athletic man. When I moved to Marathon and saw kiteboarders for the first time, I knew it was something I had to try and immediately called Aaron Osters. This is definitely a sport that requires instruction....especially for the safety. LIke a lot of people, I did not get up riding on the board on my first lesson, but I did learn about safety and I did fly the kite and do body drags, AND I did have a great time. After my second 3 hour lesson, I did get up on the board and I did buy my own equipment (which Aaron gave me at a very fair price). To the writer who was dissappointed that his boys didn't get to ride, there is nothing more important than kite control and safety. I learned that when I was kiting on my own and my kite crashed and the lines tangled and I was being blown down wind. Using the skills Aaron had taught me, I did a self recovery and got back to shore safely with all of my equipment. "Several folks on shore told me what a good recovery I had done". I am now riding upwind in both directions and doing well. Having moved from the Keys, I went back last week and took an intermediate lesson. Once again, Aaron and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a great place to ride, no matter what the wind direction. I definitely recommend Florida Keys Kiteboarding if you are making a trip to the Keys, or better yet, planning a trip there to learn. I know I am going back soon.

2  Thank Michael S

We hope you can make it back soon!! Thank you for the very important review! Florida Keys Kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding and it's staff is very grateful for the all important reviews on Trip Advisor. Have a great day and we hope to see you soon! It is a ton of fun kiting with you!

Aaron Osters
305-942-9635

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Experienced paddle boarding the flats on the New SUP ATX "Yoga" Paddle Board.
Awesome board with balance and comfort.
A definite must adventure, will be back,
Thanks everyone.