“Best guide in Florida”

Capt Chris Morrison Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: All skill levels welcome!!! Light tackle sport fishing with IGFA Lifetime Achievement Award recipiant and Tournament winner Captain Chris Morrison. As seen on Sportfishing Television and Fishing the Flats TV shows multiple episodes! Located at the Tarpon Creek Marina adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon, Florida, fish Blue Water, Reef and Wrecks aboard a custom 27ft twin engine center console or Tarpon and backcountry on a custom 23ft Bay Boat w Capt. Newman. Capt. Chris Morrison and his crew have the experience to get you on the fish and fast!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have fished with Chris every year for the last several. He is one of the best you will find any where. Best of all he is a great guy just to fish with. Very knowledgeable and has a big desire to make sure you are put on fish. I look forward to fishing with him for many years to come.

1  Thank Awb7bar

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Chris was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. My sons and I went out on a day when the fish weren't really biting in most spots. Chris not only found a spot where the fish were active, we ended up bagging a shark to top off the day along with all the snapper and king fish we had already snagged. Great day had by my sons and I. Would highly recommend Capt. Chris to anyone.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Took a half-day family fishing trip with Chris in late March and had a great time. My wife and two children (8 and 6) have not stopped talking about the trip. The fishing was excellent and Chris works very hard but the best part was that Chris understood that my children did not care about how many or how big the fish were (there were many fish and the fish were big, by the way). He was very patient and was happy to share his knowledge of fishing and the ocean with my kids. We saw sea turtles and dolphins in addition to catching grouper, snapper, kingfish, tuna and sharks. I cannot say enough about Chris and you will not be disappointed with a day on the water with Chris.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is my second review here of Capt. Chris, but I couldn't resist. He's absolutely the best of the best. In four half-day trips we caught 12 species, including my 11-year-old's 35-pound blackfin tuna and four species of sharks. And every minute aboard the boat is a true pleasure with Chris--he's a great guy to spend a day with, and he's great with kids.

Here's why I had to write another review: My wife asked me when we were leaving the Keys why I always want to go to Marathon, and I realized that the primary attraction is Chris Morrison. If he weren't there, we would go to other great fisheries, but there's no reason to do that when the middle Keys offer so much diversity, and when you have a captain who finds fish in any conditions.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have known and fished with Chris for several years now and have fished both the flats and the bluewater with him. Chris has never disappointed, he has always put us on the fish and big ones at that. Chris knows where to target specific species whether in the Gulfstream or the backcountry.

Our most recent trip I took our 4 year old daughter and my wife offshore with Chris looking for mahi and sailfish. Needless to say we were not disappointed and had mulitple double and even triple hook-ups throughout the day. My 4 year old daughter had a blast and even took a nap on the boat for a bit. I caught Mahi and Dorado and my wife finished our day with a 7' sailfish that was absolutely gorgeous. Chris managed to cleanly release the big boy very healthy and still let us get a ton of shots with our catch and measure him.

I have also tarpon, bone, and permit fished with Chris in the flats and the backcountry and he always puts us right on them. You can see some of my pics from Fly fishing with Chris here www.chrismceniry.com in the Stills and then the action portfolio, if you would like.

If you want to catch fish, this is not just one of the best guides in the keys, but one of the best in the world, be it on Fly or spinning for big fish on light tackle.