“GREAT Trip and such nice guys”

SeaSquared Charters
Ranked #14 of 80 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: SeaSquared Charters will provide you and your family or group a fun and productive time on the water in the fabulous Florida Keys! The SeaSquared boats are conveniently located in Marathon and are docked near the world famous Seven Mile Bridge. Our anglers catch snapper, grouper, dolphin (mahi mahi), tuna, wahoo, cobia, mackerel, sailfish, tarpon, shark and more. We will even take you snorkeling for lobster! We specialize in Florida Keys Shark Adventures (100% catch and release sportfishing for big sharks) and Marathon Family Fishing Adventures. Experienced and novice anglers are all welcome. We love showing newcomers the beauty of our coral reef and teaching them how to have success catching the wide variety of fish species we have here. We have two center console boats, with full-time captains and deckhands, and can accommodate groups up to 12 for half, three-quarter and full day charters. We invite you to visit our Facebook page for daily fishing reports with pictures. So, whether you're looking to fill your trophy wall or your dinner plate, give SeaSquared Charters a call today!
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
“GREAT Trip and such nice guys”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was just me, an "older woman" who likes to fish. These guys (2 Chris') were so nice and accomodating, not to mention they knew where to go to catch fish. Literally 30 sec. after casting you got a fish. I lost count of the number but got my 5 snapper limit for yummy dinners. Then I got a shark with their help. (Oh, there were other fish too but not necessarily keepers). I highly recommend these guys! They were definitely keepers!

Visited May 2013
Christy J, Owner at SeaSquared Charters, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Judy, it was our pleasure to take you fishing and we're glad you had such a great day! Capt. Chris Johnson, Capt. Chris Klimas and Christy

Turbotville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What A Day!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have had a fairly robust history of fishing charters, but I can honestly say that Chris and Christie Johnson provided usI with THE BEST. Sea Squared, as their website says, is very family orientied - my wife who is a novice was thrilled with our day.
Chris and his mate Jason, have the experience and the personailties to make any day on the water memorable.
Our arms are still sore from the size of our catches.

Christy J, Owner at SeaSquared Charters, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thanks for the great review, Sam! Looking forward to seeing you again next year! Capt. Chris, Jason and Christy
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“Tarpon fishing was awesome!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I wanted to Tarpon fish, so we planned a trip to Marathon in the Keys to cross this off our bucket list! We fished with Capt Chris Johnson and his mate, Jason, on April 8, 2013 in the morning, and are we glad we chose him for our trip! My husband got the first Tarpon--about a 50 pounder--and what a fight! Jason removed the bobber/cork, so it was considered a caught fish. It still wanted to fight a bit, and as my husband was reeling it closer to the boat, a Bullhead shark surfaced and snatched the Tarpon right off the hook! Talk about exciting!!! Then, my turn! I got an 80ish pounder--my whole body was shaking by the time I had that fish! My husband then hooked into another one, but fought it for only a very short time before he lost it. Our Capt and mate were very respectful, helpful, and worked for us to find the fish at the Bahia-Honda bridge. Also, we had control of the fishing pole--we drifted the crab behind the boat ourselves under the bridge and that was great. We were the ones actually fishing--no trolling or setting the pole in a holder. What an awesome morning we had!!!! We went out again with a different charter the following evening for another round of Tarpon fishing. We paid less money, and we did not have any luck catching anything, either. My advice? You get what you pay for--you won't go wrong with Capt Chris Johnson and Sea-Squared! Also, his wife was very helpful prior to our trip--she emailed me easy directions from MIA to Marathon, with points-of-interest along the way--so here's a shout-out for you, too, Christy! Thanks for a memorable day!!!!!

Christy J, Owner at SeaSquared Charters, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Tarpon fishing is tricky even for anglers who've done it many times. You guys did a great job and we're glad your experience was everything you hoped for. Looking forward to seeing you on the SeaSquared again someday! Capt. Chris, Jason and Christy
Johns Creek, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Last Minute Trip - Father and Son”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My 15 year old son wanted to catch something big and we waited to the last minute to book a charter so I thought we would be out of luck, but thanks to a cancellation we where able to go with Chris. We went after a big bull shark but no sharks where had, but we did get two Permits, two Yellow Jacks and several snappers and a host of other stuff.
Chris and his first mate Jason are expert boat handlers as they where able to anchor in spots within the bridge pillons no one else on the water would dare. When we returned to shore the resturant porkys cooked up the yellow jack for my son and we gave a bunch to Chris as we couldnt eat it all and Chris hooked it as well :-).
Although we never saw a shark we had a great time and made a memory for ever

Christy J, Owner at SeaSquared Charters, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
So glad you guys enjoyed your outing! Hope to see you again soon so you can get that shark! Capt. Chris, Jason and Christy
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great family experience!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Captain Chris and Jason took us out for a family fishing excursion with our 3 teenagers...what a blast!! They took us right to the fish and we were catching them as quickly as we could bait a hook. Lots of snapper, cobia, spanish mackerel....we had a fantastic time! Thank you thank you thank you....we will be back!

Visited March 2013
Christy J, Owner at SeaSquared Charters, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you had such a good time and look forward to having you back! Capt. Chris, Jason and Christy