I paid in advance for 8 nights. I was moving back to the area and had my cat with me. I asked and was told there WOULD BE NO PET CHARGE and was charged only for the room when I checked in. It was thunder storming all week and the room leaked badly on 3 of the 6 days I stayed there. I notified the office and they had someone look at the room, twice. I was nice. I was told they knew about the problem, but couldn't stop the 2 ceiling leaks or water coming up through the floor in the bathroom. They said they didn't have another room to move me to. On day 5, I asked to leave early and be refunded for the 2 days I would not be staying. To clarify, I paid FULL price for the 6 nights I stayed, I was just asking not to have to stay 2 more days in a leaky room. They said they would have to talk with the manager, who never seems to be available. That evening I found a receipt taped to my door showing that they were letting me leave 2 days early, but had tacked on a "pet cleaning fee" of $150 so that the bill was essentially the same (they credited my card $7.50). So, I paid for 8 nights but stayed only 6 nights, and they got to rent the room twice. My cat left no mess and I've got the pics that show it. It is unethical to tack on the pet fee after I was told there would be no charge. I certainly feel ripped off. It seems to me they owe me $150, let alone charging full price for a leaky room. I have never written a review before, but this was unethical behavior... Stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefree’s Pelican Motel was recently remodeled to bring back those retro open-air motel days, but with all the modern amenities we have grown to love. You can pull up right to the door of your private room, conveniently unload your luggage and be sitting on our beautiful shore in less than five minutes.While our look is vintage, our six rooms and three efficiencies are all new. Each room is equipped with an individually controlled air-conditioner, ceiling fan, refrigerator and microwave for your comfort and convenience.Tucked into the picturesque Florida Bay on Grassy Key at Mile Marker 59, just 45 minutes east of Key West, the Pelican is one of a few Marathon Florida Hotels that gives you access to 300 feet of secluded waterfront and a private marina. Our boat slips are just waiting for your vessel, and we’ve got a fish cleaning station ready for you to handle your saltwater catch of the day.When you’re through with your day on the water, jump in by swimming off our bay front or take a dip in our heated swimming pool. Relax, you're in the Florida Keys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pelican RV Resort and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Motel And Trailer Park
- Pelican Motel & Trailer Park Hotel Marathon