We have been going to Grassy Key for at least the past 5 years, and always stay at the Pelican. It has changed hands recently, and many improvements have been made. It is an older resort, but the rooms have been modernized, are always clean and the beds are comfortable. We had a refrigerator and a microwave in our double room.
The office staff is very friendly and accomodating. They apparently do not have daily maid service, though I believe they probably would provide it if asked to. We dumped our own trash, and swapped wet towels for new ones in the office as we needed them. There were no phones in the rooms, (who uses a land line anymore anyway) but they did havea phone book and an alarm clock.
We always take our boat, and there is ample parking for trailers. Also, unlike many other hotels in the area, they have their own boat ramp, and the boat "harbor" keeps your boat protected. There is a concrete wall between your docked boat and the gulf. We happen to like staying on the Gulf side, but access to the Atlantic is only a 2-3 minute boat ride.
The Pelican has a tiki hut with picnic tables out on the gulf, that you can fish from, or just relax and enjoy the absolutely gorgeous Gulf sunsets. They also have a decent size pool, that feels so good after spending a hot day out on the water.
We will definitely book with them on our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carefree’s Pelican Motel was recently remodeled to bring back those retro open-air motel days, but with all the modern amenities we have grown to love. You can pull up right to the door of your private room, conveniently unload your luggage and be sitting on our beautiful shore in less than five minutes.While our look is vintage, our six rooms and three efficiencies are all new. Each room is equipped with an individually controlled air-conditioner, ceiling fan, refrigerator and microwave for your comfort and convenience.Tucked into the picturesque Florida Bay on Grassy Key at Mile Marker 59, just 45 minutes east of Key West, the Pelican is one of a few Marathon Florida Hotels that gives you access to 300 feet of secluded waterfront and a private marina. Our boat slips are just waiting for your vessel, and we’ve got a fish cleaning station ready for you to handle your saltwater catch of the day.When you’re through with your day on the water, jump in by swimming off our bay front or take a dip in our heated swimming pool. Relax, you're in the Florida Keys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pelican RV Resort and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Motel & Trailer Park Hotel Marathon
- Pelican Motel And Trailer Park