“Rude and cold”
Review of The Tackle Box

The Tackle Box
Ranked #3 of 9 Shopping in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service tackle shop located in the world's greatest fishing spot, the Florida Keys. The variety of fishing in the Keys is unsurpassed. Our business is to help you catch fish by providing the right fishing tackle plus advice from locals who fish these waters daily. We also offer Fishing Charters and have Guide Service available.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went in to get bait, was told after we were about to pay that its cash only. Not to mention when we walked in we didn't even get a hello, just a rude stare. For running a buisness they sure arent customer friendly. Save your time and money, go somewhere else!

3  Thank Jetsetter4840
MarathonFLAKeys, Manager at The Tackle Box, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

To say that this week is stressful is a understatement. We got to the shop Sunday morning a discovered we had been broke into. Merchandise was stolen, along with some personal items. All of our computers were trashed, which means no cash register, no inventory records, or credit card machine, which is why it was cash only. We are trying to re-coup data, buying new computers, figuring out what has been stolen.
No excuse for being rude, and I am sorry. We are basically in a zombie state at this time.

There are newer reviews for The Tackle Box

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sent my 14 year old daughter to get $20 of shrimp, came back with 4.5 dozen. Went the next day myself and got 6 dozen for $21. My friend went the same day and said he wished it would stop raining and the cashier said "maybe you should go home". Dont they realize that if it weren't for us out of towners their business would be nothing???. Go a liitle down the street where they may appreciate yiur business a bit more.

MarathonFLAKeys, Manager at The Tackle Box, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

I'm sorry for the confusion. As it states on the sign outside our "shrimp special" is 6 dozen for $20.00. plus tax is $21.50. If you do not get the special then it is $3.95 dozen x 4.5 dozen $17.78 plus tax $19.11. She said she had $20.00 and that she wanted whatever that would get her. I apologize I should have paid the tax for her.
As far as the rain comment - it is just my nature to be sarcastic, I'm working on it.

We do realize that we are here because of tourist and we do not mean to take advantage of anyone.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

David was very helpful to us Mississippi boys. He was very patient with us and our multiple questions. David, if your reading this we finally got a tarpon to the boat on our last dawn at sunset. Thanks for all your help.
The guy that wrote a bad review must have been a complete a#$ b/c they are very good ppl

Reviewed May 27, 2013

From bait to chum, from local knowldge to reel repair we are there almost everyday when we are in the keys. Deadly Diamond Dave and Disco Debbie, we love ya"!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Everyone I talked to in the store was nice and knowledgeable about the area. I needed chum and they had good quality at reasonable prices. They gave me hints as to where to fish and they were spot on. I recommend them highly.