Sea Cove Motel and Marina
$149
Groupon.com
$259
AscendHotels
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$191
$168
Hyatt.com
$164
$140
HIExpress.com
$199
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$179
Travelocity
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfloating roomsfishkey westthe ritzthe cottagessunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've stayed there for one night in one of the floating rooms. Lots of charm and style in this quiet place. Surely, the boats are not brand new, but if you are ready to put up with some discomforts (after all it is a boat, not a regular motel building!), you are in for a very climatic stay. The personnel was very friendly. highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M P
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I chose to stay in one of the floating rooms after reading the reviews. My boat was #13 (oddly enough the same number as the review just below mine - I noticed this after I returned from my trip and re-read some of the reviews) and I found #13 to be clean, free of bugs, no mold (I looked because some other reviews and mentioned that) and quite homey. Yes it is small, but I was by myself and only planned on using it to sleep there so I didn't need a lot of room. The bed was a double and the bathroom I thought smelled very clean. It is a small bathroom (the sink is actually out in the room) and the shower is about the size of a cruise ship shower. I am only about 5'5 and the shower head came below my head, but the water was hot and the shower and towels were clean. There was a t.v., mini fridge and a microwave in the room as well. I have included some pictures below of my room. The room a/c worked well - I didn't really find it too noisy, I have had those in the past, so it didn't bother me. It kept the room cool and free of humidity. The boat didn't really rock but it did creak as it rubbed against the dock from time-to-time. The man checking me in was really friendly. He actually made sure to ask me if I knew I had a boat room. The office is in a little hut right on the left when you drive in, they have a little cup outside for you to drop your room keys in if you check-out before they open. I did notice there were 3-4 buildings (it looked like 2 rooms to a building) that were on the right as you drive in. I could see how people could mistake those for an office at night - so you might want to check on that if you get the first one as you drive in. There was also 2 other rooms that were not boats down by the dock, they had a porch out front and were right by the water.

This place might not be for everyone, but for the price you really can't beat it and for the type of room. There are a lot of other places to stay but none of them are "floating rooms". Where else will you have a chance to stay in a floating room? It's not the newest place, it's not the fanciest place - but it has more personality than any place I think I have ever stayed before.

Room Tip: Request a floating room, you may never have a chance to say you slept in one again!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sdm23669
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were here for the 7 mile bridge run. We asked to look at our room prior to checking in as some of the reviews were questionable at best. The room seemed fine a/c was cold and free of bugs. The price was so worth it. We paid less for 3 nights here than we paid for 1 night at holiday inn last year. The bed was a little broken down, but location and price made up for that. We fished off the dock one afternoon and sat on our chairs at night. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 13.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia P
Reviewed April 12, 2013

this motel was below any standards of a place calling itself a place to sleep. the room was dirty, the air conditioner filter fell off and was on the bed, the toilet was loose and rocked each time it was used , there was no toilet paper holder , the shower was filthy and smelled moldy, just a broken down metal rack without any hangers served as a closet
the front door had a space of 2.5 inches on the bottom,mice and bugs were coming and going. the blinds were inoperable with gaps on the sides which happened to front on the highway. All this for only $125/ night, Wow!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

not sure what the bad reviews are, maybe those folks are used to the Ritz, and silver spoons etc but thats not what these are all about. We stayed in one of the cottages. Hello folks...Its the keys and we stayed here for $75. $88 with taxes & what ever else. The cheapest on Key West was $140 or so.
Our room had 2 beds, kitchen, bath, kit.. table, and was clean. had a great covered porch with chairs. They were very friendly and helpful with local things to do. Just for giggles we looked at several of the boats the next morning. Not one of them were dirty, stinky, musty, or disgusting. No, they arent brand new. Yes, they have been there awhile. but they were very cool, and next time we will give them a try. full running water, air, clean interiors. If your looking for a richy, rich stuck up marina then keep heading south. If you want a very reasonable place to stay, friendly family, clean place to stay....then you will not regret it. we will be back. The Keys were awesome. this was our first visit

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family