Sea Cove Motel and Marina
$208
$149
Groupon.com
Good 3.5/5
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$178
Hyatt.com
Great 4.5/5
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$189
$259
AscendHotels
$199
$165
$151
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$206
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfloating roomsfishkey westthe ritzthe cottagessunset
FilterAll languages
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed March 30, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just returned from spending 2 nights at the Sea Cove, I didnt expect much because of the reviews but figured I would form my own opinons. Well, in my opinon this was definately worth it and we will be returning with our family. We rented one of the floating rooms and though rustic, we loved it. We are Floridians and know that this experience was the real Florida Keys, no fancy hotel no luxury accomodations but at the same time very relaxing. The beds were extremely comfortable for which my bad back was very appreciative, carpets a little threadbare but clean the only smell I noticed was coming from my bait bucket on the bow of the boat (lol). No coffeepot but thats ok I came prepared with instant coffee to be heated in the microwave, towels were a little thin so next time I will bring my own, again not a big deal. Wifi was nonexistant in the boat but who cares this is the Florida Keys and you really dont need to be playing on your computer when there is so much other stuff to do and see. Wildlife and fish are abundant, saw a manatee right next to the boat, fishing wasnt bad at all, caught several different fish. Very unique and as I said , we will be returning. If you need a fancy place the Hilton or Key Colony is right up the road but if you want to experience the true Florida Keys, then this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank susanrobert
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We booked two nights in the houseboat... when we got there we decided we didn't like it. Ended up in the cabin which was nice. The manager told us that if we kept the key (didn't check out at 11 am) we could stay a second night (a Sunday.) We went out for the afternoon and when we returned at 4:30 pm we found that OUR BELONGINGS HAD BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ROOM for someone who made an on-line reservation. I never heard of such a thing happening. Don't go there.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We booked one night, and left within the hour after paying $140. The "boat" was not clean and smelled, the door was not secure, a push and it could be opened. Bathroom "window" a sheet of rough plywood, I wouldnt bring my suitcase incase of bugs, nor would I sit on the bedding! Another reviewer noted watching wildlife, the only "wildlife" we saw was the other boat inhabitants. We happily spent several $$ more to sleep safely down the road. Run down trailer park on the water.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scot42
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Luckily we checked in late and didn't have to spend a lot of time in our room during our 1 night stay. We didn't have high expectations of the houseboat room after we made the reservation and were warned that the accommodation was basic. I don't mind basic but I do mind dirty. The houseboat floor hadn't been swept before our arrival and was filthy. The blinds covering the windows had cobwebs and dust hanging off of them. There was a half full beer on the floor next to the bed. I think the housekeeping staff needs some additional training or maybe they need to find new jobs! The vinyl floor covering was ripped and the floor was spongy - I felt like we were going to put our foot through the floor every time we walked across it. We tried to speak to someone the next morning about our stay but no one was available until 11. I also sent an email to the property and haven't received a response. I guess they really don't care what people think about their property. My suggestion is to find another option anywhere else.

Room Tip: Drive South on Highway 1 and find something else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family