“Went after the fish!”

Run and Gun Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Run and Gun is a 27'Grady White center console powered with twin 200 h.p. yamaha engines. Fast and affordable, we fish offshore, reef, wrecks, and Florida Bay Gulf waters year around.Trips include all licenses, tackle, and fish preperation.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went out to the humps with some rain on the way. It was worth it, because the tuna were there and it was sure fun! I have fished with Tom multiple times and he works hard to find the fish.

All reviews
"expert"
"keeper"
"hook"

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I went fishing with Captain Tom and had a great time. We caught 11 Black Fin tuna and could have had another 6 or 7 if the sharks hadn't got them. What I liked most about Capt. Tom was the information and knowledge he shared with us. I like to ask a lot of questions and other captains I have charter fished with in the past can be very reserved at times which can lead to a long day of fishing when the bite is slow. I would recommend this charter to other anglers!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The value simply isn't there. What you pay for and then receive are not equal.

I've done charters before, with LESS reputable boats/captains, who genuinely worked harder and we caught more fish. Wondering who is really less reputable at this point.

On this trip, I saw captains working hard.... Ours, there's was an excuse for everything and he showed absolutely no patience with the locations we were fishing. He was more concerned with how many miles he had traveled than with where the fish were, which told me that he was more concerned with his $$$ than the experience that I was paying him for.

As for his competitors that came back in around the same time we did, they slayed it. They went where they had to, that our captain wouldn't go, to catch the fish. It really wasn't a long run, but he just didn't make the run. I felt taken advantage of at that point.

I will be back to The Keys again soon, but will not charter with Run and Gun ever again.

5  Thank SoccerSaltLife
tomb1956, Owner at Run and Gun Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I always go as far as it takes too find fish. At any rate out of the hundreds of people I take fishing who are very happy it seems only the unhappy take the time to respond lately. I dont know what this says about human natuure. Anyway I guess I will discontinue using trip advisor. I need protection from the 1 % of unhappy alot more than I need help getting more trips.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

strange fella. you can't catch fish every time, particularly in choppy seas, and I'm ok with that, even if it costs hundreds of dollars. what i can't handle is: (1) a guy who makes his living on the sea throwing the trash from his chum boxes (waxed cardboard) into the ocean as if it's his trashcan, (2) asking the guide to make sure your wife gets a chance to catch a fish, and instead watching as he casts time and time again with no attempt to offer her a rod, (3) not responding to questions about methods, or conversational statements, and acting as if the client is responsible for the bad luck. i wasn't impressed, and next time i get to the keys, i'll try out someone else. there's plenty, and my advice is you try another rather than run and gun.

8  Thank rob r
tomb1956, Owner at Run and Gun Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I would not normally respond to a whiner, however if Rob feels the need to complain than I am obligated by common sense to respond. This was to be an offshore dolphin trip. It was choppy, so it took a while to get out there. About ten minutes after getting to where everyone was fishing he says "well it looks like nobody is catching anything out here. Lets go back in and just catch something. I tried to explain that we needed to put the time into it. ( it is not some kind of magic trick ) I guess his expectations were just that of a 20 minute Saturday fishing program. Anyway I am sorry he did not enjoy the trip. It is a lot of money although i substancailly reduced his price so he would go away quickly... Maybe catfishing in Oklahoma is different...

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked a private charter with captain Tom. We tried an area first..only to be over ran by small sharks. The process it takes to ride to the area..set the anchor..and locate the fish is quite timely. With no luck in the first area..we ride to the second location. Again setting up we get a line in the water. Mind you there are 3 of us to fish. Capt tom seems to get a bite..hands the pole to my 12 yo son..and my husband watching. We reel in to a couple pd fish. Line goes in again..we watch. Now of course for the price..we all would like to fish. My husband did get a line out..and later hands the pole tome for a turn. We took home 3 small yellow tailed snapped..and a discount for unfavorable conditions. Tom was nice..informative..but I guess my expectations were too high. Should have went with the party boat..which we did later in the week and caught 30+..

2  Thank countrywifey