“Fish On!”

Run and Gun Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Run and Gun is a 27'Grady White center console powered with twin 200 h.p. yamaha engines. Fast and affordable, we fish offshore, reef, wrecks, and Florida Bay Gulf waters year around.Trips include all licenses, tackle, and fish preperation.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Capt. Tom put my us on the Fish. I had planed this Trip for a few months. I called 20+ fishing charters. Run and Gun was not the cheapest However, he was well worth the money! Tom answered his phone and talked to me for almost an hour to ensure he knew what I wanted to catch (Dolphin and Tuna). As you can see from the pictures, I didn't catch the Dolphin but I did catch all the tuna I could handle.

I booked a full day and with perfect weather planned on being out all day. Then the 1st black fin hit, I started fighting. Man can tuna fight! After the 5-10 min fight I told my Girlfriend that she had to reel into he next fish as I was worn out from that fight... 5 min of trolling later we had it, both lines! I grabbed my line and my girlfriend grabbed hers. She tried to fight the fish for about 2 min then gave up and Tom gladly took over. Now Tom and I are both fighting these fish and we hear my girlfriend get sick... I thought to my self, "oh no, I paid $800 bucks and am only going to catch 2 fish"... Luckily she stuck it out and we fished for a hour and a half, reeling in tuna after tuna, all the time I was trying to help my girlfriend feel better but nothing worked. We even took a swim. Finally I told her that we will make one more pass and then if she doesn't feel better we can head in.

So I caught the 10th Tuna and fought it to the boat and we left "the Hump" and headed to the dock. I was very happy with the day of fishing even though we were only on the water for about 5 hours, I caught more fish than I can eat! The best part was Tom had ever right to charge me for the full day of fishing but he only charged us for a 3/4 day. I don't know if he would do this again but he did for me. Keep in mind that we went about 25~30 miles out to find the tuna and fuel cost for a trip like this is through the roof.
I will fish again with Run and Gun

in 3 reviews
in 16 reviews
in 14 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked Capt. Tom for Sunday, but stopped by the marina on Friday afternoon. He was at the boat and suggested we go on Saturday instead (he had a cancelation) because the weather was to be better - less windy. We did that. We went offshore for Mahi-Mahi and Tuna, but the weather change drove them out beyond where the water was safe - waves were 4' to 6' out to 14 miles and would have been higher where the fish were. After trolling offshore for several hours, we decided to come to the reef for snapper/grouper. We caught all the mutton snapper we needed to feed us for the rest of our trip. Capt. Tom did an excellent job. We had fun, not his fault the fish we wanted weren't there. We've been on lots of charter trips in the Keys and elsewhere and would recommend Capt. Tom for a good trip.

2  Thank Jim I
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My teenage son and I went fishing with Captain Tom. He was very pleasant and professional and gave us an incredible fishing trip. My son had never caught dolphin or tuna before, and Captain Tom put us right on the fish. We also caught something so big that we couldn't bring it up and lost the hook. We caught numerous black fin tuna and a dolphin. Captain Tom is very knowlegeable and the boat is extremely well kept. I will definitely go back next year with Run and Gun. The experience was well worth the price.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Within two hours of trip had 21 dolphin and within next hour or so had 4 blackfin. Could of had more, but did not want to be greedy. Definitely worth every penny and more!! Tom is very knowledgeable and down to earth!! Great trip!! Thanks Tom!!

1  Thank KyToFla