“Absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!”
Review of Anchor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Anchor Inn
Ranked #9 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Honestly I can say that this anchor inn was one of the best that I have visited in a long time. We are pleased to say that me and my family of four stayed in room 7 and found everything nice, clean and just home like. We liked everything all around in general & the service was great :) if you are thinking in staying in a close inn you should most definitely think about choosing this one. I promise u won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Jessica8293
There are newer reviews for Anchor Inn

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am a returning customer of the Anchor Inn and have found the place to be both clean and a very affordable place to stay at $50 a night before taxes. This time things were different. I was quoted $79 but was offered a slight discount which was not reflected in the $91.50 I paid at check out. The sign on the office door gives you the impression that someone is on the premises until 5 pm but this did not turn out not to be the case. I arrived at 3:30 pm and had to run to a nearby Walgreens to call the after hours number (my cell phone didn’t get reception in the Keys). I requested and was given permission for a noon check out, but got a knock on my door the next morning and told to be out by 11 AM. I left to run some errands and when I came back, someone had gone into my room without my permission and put some of my personal items outside the front door of my motel room. I later discovered it was John, the owner or manager of the place. He was very angry with me for bringing a battery charger in to the room and charging my boat battery overnight. I don’t understand why charging a battery was a problem? Boat batteries need to be charged daily when used and so I can’t be the first guest to use have charged a boat battery in his motel room? He knew I had a boat but never told me that this activity was not permitted! I can’t remember when I’ve ever been treated so rudely!!! You would have thought by his reaction that I had damaged or defaced his property. I have never used the social media to air my dirty laundry but feel it was my duty to warn potential guests about this ill tempered old man who seems to enjoy throwing his weight around! John, there will be no second chances with me. There are many nice mom and pop motels that are more deserving of my business. I travel to the keys at least twice a summer and I can assure you that next time I need accommodations in the keys that I will find an innkeeper that appreciates and knows how to treat their overnight guests!!! In my opinion, John should be working as a prison guard instead of in the hospitality industry. If I have learned anything from this experience, it’s not to make assumptions! Next time I will ask so I am not left to humiliation and ridicule for make a bad judgment decision. I hope that after John reads this less than stellar review that he too may learn from this experience and be a little more tolerant of his guests.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank James B
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A nice small motel we discovered on the way back to Key West. Only 7 rooms but one of the cleanest older motels we have stayed in. Run by nice couple who have put a lot into complete
remodel of each room. We stayed in #4 which had a king bed and single bed plus a small fridge
microwave and coffee pot. The owner was kind enough to show me other rooms and some had
complete Kitchens and all were very clean. No wifi our telephones but that was no problem for
us. Also no pool but again not an issue Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Room 4 if you want king size bed and room 7 would be farthest from Highway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bighornbob
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's a small motel but with a big and amazing room ...everytime I go to the keys I stay there...it has a good price !! The manager is a nice person and make you feel comfortable.. you should stay at Anchor Inn Motel !!! =]

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We chose the Anchor Inn based on the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed! It's a wonderful little place with lots of charm. The owners were friendly, the room was clean and fresh and cute. No dingy motel here! Our room had a kitchen, which we really appreciated. We would definitely stay here again! It was great!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hennygang
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Reminiscent of a Marilyn Monroe 1950's movie set. Cute, adorable and clean. Affordable price. Efficiency kitchen. Coin operated laundry area on site. The owners are hands on locals and very nice people. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ocean G
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This quaint little motel is located halfway through the Keys. It is in Marathon, FL. The Anchor Inn was our home for 2 nights. VERY clean, very quiet.
Some really tiny ants were seen on the bathroom floor, but were not a bother.
There was one couple there the first night, and we were alone the second night. The owners seemed to be off-site for the most part. There are 7 rooms, with different set-ups i.e. King bed w/ a single. OR 2 queens, all had a fridge, microwave, some rooms had a stove and kichenette. There is a nice backyard area as well, for the guests to use, including BBQ's, beach towels, a telescope, tables/chairs, lounge chairs and a nice garden. If you hear a noise through the night, it is coconuts falling from the tree! :)
There is no pool or beach, but not too far away, you can find the water.
This motel was reasonably priced!! We did stay in the "off-season" May 15-17, 2012.
We were within 2 hours of Key West and Miami. Lots of things to do around the hotel too! Lots of water attractions, restaurants/fast food/IHOP, a little bit of shopping too!.
We would stay here again, if/when we travel to the Florida Keys!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jent1_4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort

Been to Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!