Royal Plum Club
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Marathon
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)
View Hotel
All reviewsscreened in porchocean viewrecommend unitproperty managergreat place to stayfishbedroom condogrounds are beautifulsea grassbeach areadolphin research centerlaid backsunriseparadisepoolkayak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We just spent a week at the Royal Plum Club. We found it on the internet and were not disappointed. We have rented many condos on the west coast of Florida over the years but we have never stayed in such a well appointed condo. We brought a few beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach towels and tennis rackets but everything was there already. If you were flying you would only need to bring your clothes. We loved Marathon, some really nice restaurants and only an hour drive to Key West. We were somewhat disappointed in the beach but we knew that would be an issue in the Keys. We brought my elderly mother and she found the property very manageable. It felt safe and homey. The property managers were very nice and helpful and the property was well maintained. We wished we would have stayed for more than a week. Very laid back...we loved it! My only complaint was a mildew smell which seemed to permeate the wicker /rattan furniture in the condo. It was not in the bedding though.

Room Tip: You can view each available individual condo on the internet and pick the one which suits your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paula p
Reviewed March 6, 2012

First, the location is great-in the heart of the Florida Keys. It's an easy drive to all the Keys attractions. An hour to Key West with the Key Deer Refuge on the way on Big Pine Key. Or north to Islamorada, Theater of the Sea, Dolphin Research Center and on to Key Largo and the underwater national park.
Too many great restaurants in Marathon to list. Try the Keys Fisheries for fun, the Wooden Spoon for breakfast, Lazy Days for the view and food-and so many more.
The condos are located in a quiet, residential neighborhood with a lovely local park down the street. This is not a place to take children and expect them to entertain themselves quietly all day. Many of the codo owners ARE elderly. Don't park your children by the pool all day. If they are not video-addicts all you need is a dip net, a bucket and wading shoes.
No, there is not a big beach. Because of the reef offshore there are no Daytona-type beaches in the Keys. However there are MANY local and state parks nearby with nice beaches.
All the condos are clean and well-maintained. Balconies, full kitchens,everything you need. Rent through the condo office-not from someone who has a realtor managing their condo(s). The managers, Becky and Kevin will bend over backwards to correct any problems. I can't imagine either of them being rude to anyone. But there is little they can do if you have rented through a third party and have a major maintenence problem.
I've been going to the RPC for over 15 years with family and/or friends. Get an ocean view if you can, if not, the gardens have a lovely view.
I really cannot see how anyone could rate the RPC as "terrible" or say that the managers were not friendly. This place is paradise.

Room Tip: Condos overlooking the pool and the ocean beyond are the best. Number 30 (three bedrroms) is my favorite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank caroline c
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Beautiful view, beautiful beach, lovely staff, well taken care of grounds and lovely pool! Anyone who says differently doesn't know what quality and friendly staff look like! Can't wait to return hopefully next year!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Slmeyeers
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We spent a number of weeks at the Royal Plum during the last 5 years. The owners we've met while we were there couldn't have made us more welcome. I am a clean freak and my positive expectations were met. The units were well cared for and immaculate. Also were well stocked with kitchen items as well as both towels, bathroom materials and beach towels. I have read a very neative post on this site regarding this club and can tell you that nothing of the sort has ever happened to any member of our family. Becky and Kevin do an excellent job being helpful with whatever is needed, even going so far as to recommend places of interest, getting us kayacks and telling us where to find the best places to eat. Kevin keeps the pool in pristine condition. The grounds are beautiful. We continue to return because of the reception we get there. As to children being corrected by staff members. . . we have small children. We follow the rules of not letting them run (dangerous to them and others), being in the pool without an adult, and screaming. My family all use the pool. It is of major annoyance to be relaxing there and some parent who isn't properly supervising their children lets them jump on top of you. Yes, this a peaceful place. One of the reasons I love it. Those parents who place little to no supervision or restrictions on their perfect children would do me a real favor by taking themselves someplace else. Perhaps a waterpark. I have very high standards, they are met at The Rpyal Plum. Keep it up folks. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sbc L
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have stayed at Royal Plum Club for the last 3 Summers for over a month each time. I have a 3 1/2 year old niece that has been with me each time (she turned 3 this year 2011). No one ever had to call her down for running or being loud because we teach her there are RULES in life you must follow. Rules are part of life & there are rules everywhere you go. Just because we are on vacation does not mean it is a free for all to go wild!
If you know nothing about the FL Keys, do research before you make a reservation!! Think! The beach on Marathon Key is one of the best you'll find in the Keys. Seaweed & white rocks are part of the FL Keys. Don't like it? Go to Myrtle Beach, NC where every other person is & where you can't find a place to sit due to the insane crowds! Also, the average age of those living on Marathon Key is probably 60 & above.
We have stayed there in 2009, 2010 & now 2011. And WE WILL be back in 2012!! The managers have always taken great care of us & are to be commended!
There is nothing about Royal Plum Club that I do not love. I have sent several friends & family members their way & they loved it as well!! To tell you how much I love this place- I cry every year when its time to leave. It is paradise. Heaven on Earth, and I LOVE it!!

• Stayed: July 2011