“A nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Plum Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Royal Plum Club
Florida City, Florida
“A nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Never to go there!!! We rented a unit (#18) for one week for 4 adults and 2 children ages 7 & 8. This was told to Manager Becky O. and she agreed. Everything went fine, Ms. Becky was vey polite and very nice upon our arrival. The problem starts the minute we leave the office. A gentleman identifying himself as the "Manager" comes running after us and meets us in the parking lot. He went on to tell us that we had to be very quiet because our next door neighboors were the only year round tenants and did not like the noise. We advised him that it was very hard to keep a 7 & 8 year old boys quiet all the time, that at the time we had done our contract we advised Ms. Becky we had two boys and their ages and she had agreed and that it did not mention in the contract about the noise restrictions. Apparently he got upset and later on the day when we went to the pool one of the boys was running ( mind you , he is not even 60 lbs) and he stopped him and told him that he was making the whole building shake. Our grandson ran to our daughter and he addressed the child directly instead of the adult telling him that the next time he said something not to ran away from him. He was disrespectful not only to the child but to the accompanying adult as well. This put a damper on our vacation, that if we did not have a contract with a credit card on file, we would've left the first evening there.
The shower and bathtub were filthy, the carpets were stained, furniture is very old and it smells like it. There is a sleeper sofa that the mattress is extremely thin, a pillow top is offered but it was all stained with yellow stains, discusting. Never again going back there and would NOT RECOMMEND IT TO MY WORST ENEMY!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank omaida

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

My family of 4 stayed at the Royal Plum for a long weekend earlier in November. We were in a 2 bedroom unit with a sleeper sofa in the den. The master bedroom had a comfortable king size bed & there were two twins in the other bedroom. Our son opted to use the sleeper sofa in the den rather than share the bedroom with his sister. The unit was well stocked with kitchen tools & we even found a few beach towels to use on our snorkeling trip.

The beach is relatively shallow which is standard for the Keys but is beautiful & quiet. We didn't use the pool but it appeared to be clean. The facility is well kept and Becky, the receptionist, is very friendly. However, I did receive a phone call from her two weeks after our departure asking me about a towel. Apparently, the housekeepers came across a towel in a bathroom that had bleach stains all over it. I told her we had no access to any bleach products during our short stay & I did not recall seeing such towel because my husband & I do a thorough check of any place we stay before departure to make sure we are not leaving anything behind. I told her to verify with the housekeeping staff to determine the unit they found the bleached towel. I just thought this was sort of odd to be contacted two weeks after our stay. Otherwise, we had an enjoyable visit & would return to stay at Royal Plum in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank UNCgal
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Royal Plum Club this past January. This place is a gem! I stayed in a one-bedroom unit with a balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean -- everything was nice and clean, kitchen fully stocked with utensils, pots, pans, microwave, etc. so I could cook inside. Spent most of the week just sitting on the balcony looking at the ocean. The managers, Becky and Kevin, were so helpful and friendly that I felt right at home from the first day I got there. I can't say enough about this place - I'll definitely be back!
(I wouldn't recommend it for families with kids however - not enough for them to do, and the older people seem to have little tolerance for kids running around.)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bummynie
chicago IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Just returned from Marathon Fl. We stayed at the 2 bedroom condo at Royal Plum . Clean , serene place to stay . We stayed there during our spring break and didn't have to worry about the " spring breakers " , it's a family oriented place . Only an hour drive to Key West, so worth the trip .
Our condo was great , everything we needed was there . Publix and Winn Dixie down the street , easy to get some groceries for breakfast and lunch. We have visited most of the local restaurants . Cabana Breezes great for the views and Keys Fisheries great for the sunset.
We rented a kayak one day , it was delivered and picked up from the resort for $40, very convenient , the ocean was so calm , it was amazing experience .
Marathon Lady great boat for fishing , my son and husband caught a few fish , after the trip the employees cleaned them and fillet them for a nice dinner .
Becky in the office is super helpful with the recommendation or anything you need at all.
Already booked our next spring break there, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank blueeyes-kj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,594 reviews

Been to Royal Plum Club? Share your experiences!