“One of the Best Happy Hour Bars”

Sunset Grille and Raw Bar
Ranked #23 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Quite a few different food items on the happy hour menu and if you get there before 4:00, you can order from the lunch menu. Wine $2.50, happy hour drinks around $4, wings, sliders, chili cheese fries all around $4. Lovely view. Sometimes there's live music. Right at 7 mile bridge.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great waterfront spot to catch the sunset with a great view of the 7 mile bridge. Excellent service and the best burger I've eaten anywhere. Live band while we ate and a very large pool if you need to cool off. We loved it.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Go here for drinks and to see the sunset. The bartenders have always been great and will always make you a good drink. Its the best place in marathon to see the sunset. The food is nothing special, but the bartenders and view is.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ate dinner here tonight. I had caesar salad with calamarie while partner had hers with shrimp. Dining partners each had cheesebuger. It was all good. Then came the key lime pie that was delish. The key west beer was great. The service was particularly good.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I went here a few nights ago (after the sun had already set) after someone recommended it.... It was NOT good. It was a very busy night even though it was a Wednesday.

We sat on the lower level by the pool after we waited at the hostess stand for several minutes. The wait wasn't long but the fact that 6 employees walked past us without saying a word to us was a bit frustrating. That should have been our first sign to Get out of there.

The service was mediocre. Biggest complaint is that the server would clear our dirty dishes but then put them on a serving tray which was set up in front of our table. So while we tried to look at the pool or musicians playing live music, we had to look over our dirty dishes. Why couldn't she have taken them back to the servers station? I spent 10 years in the service industry so I know how to properly buss a table.

The food wasn't that great. I tried the She Crab Soup. The flavor wasn't bad but it was so thick I felt like I was eating biscuits and gravy... Way too thick. The conch chowder was the same way.

My husband had the ahi tuna salad and it wasn't good, dressing lacked a lot of flavor and the lettuce didn't look fresh. I had the Cesar salad which was just ok but it's hard to mess up a Cesar. Our wine and beers were served in cheap plastic cups. I guess I kind of understand since we were sitting next to a pool but would have been nice to get a real wine glass to drink out of since I was paying $8/ glass.

Overall, I would not recommend this place or go back. Seems like a tourist trap. There are many other options in marathon that have fantastic service and food.