“Another Great Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
Galveston, Texas
“Another Great Vacation”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently spent another week at Captain Pips and as always, my wife and I had an excellent time. We have stayed here many times and love it. They have the perfect package for us and we seldom ever leave unless it is on one of the boats that come with the rooms. this time we did a fishing charter out of the marina and I want to thank Captain George for working as hard as he did to make sure my wife and I had a good time. For us, this is like a 2nd home!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for a birthday trip
They were great folks to work with and the included boat was a great addition to our trip!
I would recommend this to anyone wanting some bit of adventure.
The restaurant attached has great food, atmosphere, and music

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank snoskier
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was our second time renting boats from CAptain Pip's. Once again everyone was nice and easy to work with. We went with the deck boat this time and it made our larger group easier to fit.
Lot's of fun was had by all and the help with the maps was appreciated. Look forward to using y'all again.

JC

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for the second time this year. We are already planning our next trip back. If your looking for a place where you can truly relax this is it. As busy professionals this is the only place where I can really put my hair down and enjoy Capt Pips with everything it has to offer. The boats are very well taken care of and the accommodations are spotless. It is a little dated but who cares. We can't wait to go back...
Laura and Mike from Tampa

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

stayed here for a few days. the boat we were given to use was excellent. the dockhands were very helpful. Ellie in the front office was informative. the room was well appointed (except for the leaking ceiling that dripped on the electrical outlet but the staff did come out to check it right away) and the bed was comfortable. the complimentary use of the laundry facilities was very convenient. the outdoor garden and grill provided for a lovely evening and a great meal. the restaurant/bar next door was fun. we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return. is there any chance of you putting in a small pool or perhaps a hot tub??? that would be awesome! thanks for everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the best place ever!!!! Good hospitality!!! Ellie is awesome, knowledgable, nice, caring and pleasant!!!!! The best place in the keys for sure and I have been all over the keys for 4yrs now. I will not go anywhere else. Always have a good time and great friendly people. I would come down 3 times a year if I could.

• Stayed September 2013
Bellerose
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I dont appreciate reading bad reviews because Pips response always out does the complaint. Here is my story. 1st fished Pips 2003 with good ole Johnny himself at the helm and Josh mating. It was a dolphin slaughter--fed everybody at my Sep Hawks Nest time share. Johnny let us cool off in 600' of blue water and just when comfortable he shouts--is that a fin out there ?!--ran on water to get back in the boat. Good laughs.Next year was a repeat. Josh was gone but we tracked him down to say hi we liked him so much. Following year was the trip of a lifetime and I fished Montauk since the 70's. We hit fish on floating skids-buckets-chairs and then the weed line-- which was a BONANZA! 50 dolphin in 70 minutes. Filmed and on the internet. One hooked mahi jumped on the boat without a gaff. The ride in we hooked wahoo and tripletail with Howard and Jason. We had shirts made in Key West--N.Y. whips dolphins! Next year we fished the hump with best old timer Cap and crazy Neil mating. Only a big bull and cow for the day but thats why its called fishing.Enough meat to feed 6.You can smell tuna action at the hump. My 9-14 -13 countdown is on and won't miss out on great Pips fishing so don't you. Thanks Tom Sewell

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tom S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway? Share your experiences!