We rented a boat for the day and were very disappointed with the service. We were told to arrive early as there was a lot of paperwork to complete so we stopped by a day early and the manager looked at us like we had 3 heads until we explained that we were there early because of her recommendation. She proceeded to tell us exactly everything we could not do in painstaking detail. Additionally she made up rules that do not exist (when PDFs were required, non-existent restricted areas and bogus fines). As a licensed Master Captain and 23 year law enforcement officer I questioned her on the information that she was providing and she was very condescending telling me those were the rules. I didn’t tell her my background and later double checked and found that she was not correct.
When we arrived the next day to take the boat out my 8 year old daughter noticed the two dogs in the office. When she commented on the dogs the manager immediately told her not to look at them! The dockhands were nice and mumbled to us to ignore the manager. My step-dad asked her a question about a fishing area and she asked him where was the chart she provided us with – I had the chart but was out unloading the car. He said he didn’t have it and she immediately started chastising him then he explained that I had it outside and she ignored him and made him sit and review the chart with her again along with areas that he should not be going (which was not the original question he had).
The boat was functional but the binnacle was so loose that you had to hold the throttle in place at all times during the day. Also when we were finished with our day trip we had to clean our own boat! Not just take the trash out as we normally would but actually wash it for them!!
We had rented at another location before and had the complete opposite experience with the staff. We would not recommend anyone rent from Captain Pips. There are many other businesses to spend your hard earned money which will appreciate your patronage and treat you with common courtesy and respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy clean, comfortable fully renovated accommodations, with a brand new waterfront pool. Choose from motel-style guest rooms, efficiencies or one- & two-bedroom apartments with either open-water or tropical garden views. When you stay with us you can receive up to 30% off your boat rental. We also rent kayaks, paddle boards & zayaks.1/2 mile from the 7 mile bridge. World-class fishing & diving are only minutes from your door in the beautiful Florida Keys. We also now have daily snorkel trips to Sombrero Reef or Pirate's Cove onboard the Spirit Power Catamaran. It's like swimming in an aquarium! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Pip`s Marina & Hideaway Hotel Marathon
- Captain Pip`s Marina And Hideaway