“Great time, friendly, knowledgable”

Tilden's Scuba Center
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very happy with our experience at Tildens. Our reservation with Strikezone fell through and luckily we came across Tilden's and they took us on with a few hours notice. Their whole crew was extremely friendly and the captain was hilarious and made sure everyone had a safe and fun time. They took us to 2 different reefs and plenty of time to explore and snorkel.

Their retail store was pretty impressive and after we made it back I bought a few t-shirts to support them. I would definitely use them again and recommend anyone near marathon to use them as well!

1  Thank ourlifeoutside
"marathon key"
"captain and crew"
"marine life"

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We took a snorkel trip out of Tilden's. The first mate, who was an Ausie gentleman, was very knowledgable and very interactive with the customers. You can see in the pictures how helpful he is to get you into the water. (and out when the time came) The boat crew is mindful that they have tourists in the water and I felt safe knowing they were looking out for us. We saw some incredible fish while diving/snorkeling. Fun day, fun crew.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

First time Snuba experience was in 2007 and we returned in 2009; the boat captains and instructors were very knowledgeable with the equipment, safety and beautiful Marathon area.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Tilden's is a well established scuba diving business in Marathon, Florida. It recently changed owners and while the new owners seem very nice and welcoming, the captain, Brian is anything but. He spent the entire trip scolding his boat mates and telling the divers what they could not do. While divers are used to the latter at Tilden's, we felt almost embarrased for the dive mates who were new and who were clearly trying their best. The dive mates had great attitudes dispite the scolding. The captain was extremely unprofessional and it took away from the diving experience. Best of luck to the new owners but think twice about your choice of a boat captain.

4  Thank FLKeysDiver
See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only heard about Tildens through a referral by another company when our reservations were cancelled due to unfilled boats. It was a blessing in disguise, as my girlfriend and I could not have been happier with our experience.
We showed up and were introduced to SNUBA, which we had never heard of... it's diving while leaving the tank in a raft. The owner fit us for wetsuits and gear, and we were led through a safety briefing for the snuba by Wade, one of the dive guides. it had been 15 years since I'd snorkeled and was the first time for my girlfriend, and he was very accommodating. We boarded the Leisure Lee dive boat with about a dozen other guests and got another safety brief. The ride to Sombrero reef was short enough. We moored, the captain told us where to go, and we went overboard. The first hour was enjoyable, chasing schools of tropical fish around. We reboarded, the captain asked the group if we wanted to move to a different reef or just to the other side of the same reef. We stayed at Sombrero, and Wade set me up to snuba. It was a world of difference for me, to get to the bottom and closer to the wildlife. I saw a nurse shark, turtle, moray eel, lobster, aside from all the other fish. We reboarded after another hour, stripped our gear, and the crew took care of it all for us.
The owner and all of the staff were very friendly and professional, and I wish our schedule would have permitted us to go again during our stay in the Keys.