“See the REAL Florida Keys”

Crane Point Museum & Nature Center
Ranked #7 of 49 things to do in Marathon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This nature reserve contains evidence of pre-Columbian civilization and was once the site of an Indian village. We are pet friendly!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a 63-acre natural area owned by the non-profit Land & Sea Trust and one of the few natural areas left in the keys. There is a very nice, but small museum and a gift shop. Adderly House on the property is one of the oldest houses in the keys. There are walking paths through the hammock with signs identifying trees and plants. It is on the Florida Bay, but you need to walk a half a mile or so to get to the water. There are golf-cart tours available - call to make a reservation.

1  Thank Dinata M M

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The lady on the entry desk appeared un interested in any form of banter with anyone who wasn't from the US all she wanted was my entry money. The museum was un educational and hardly worth thew stroll round which took all of 5 minutes.

However the nature trail was a very pleasant 1 hour walk with lots of stop off areas to sit and have a rest and some beautiful views from the waters edge.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The history of Crane Point, which is very interesting..A walking tour of the property..The original house built there back in the 1800's is still standing and you can walk through it..Also the Crane house built in the 50's on the waterfront...A nice way to spend the day and learn a bit about Marathons history..

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Best place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone there is very nice and courteous. I have been going there for close to 15 years and it is always a thrill everytime I go there. I wish it was next door to my house!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was within a mile of where we stayed in Marathon. I found it by accident and we went on a whim. I was tempted not to pay the admission but I am glad I caved. Wonderful experience!