Jolly Roger RV Resort
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$203
$189
Hyatt.com
$169
$127
HIExpress.com
$279
AscendHotels
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$125
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
Orbitz.com
$120
$107
Orbitz.com
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
Hotels.com
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$115
$369
All reviewsdog parksea walltravel parkswimming areapassport americatent campinggarbage pickupgreat campingfish friestiki umbrellasconcrete patioboat rampwater aerobicsbig rigbath housewaterfront sitelobster
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just finished a week at this campground. Sites are a little tight, but location is fabulous. We had a site on the sea wall and really enjoyed watching the pelicans on the pier and the sunsets. Bathhouses were being refurbished. When the water is calm, you could look down in the water and see a multitude of fish just feet from your camper. Saw a huge stingray, a barracuda, a puffer fish, lots of blue, yellow, stripped, pink backed fish. And of course, there are lots of lobsters that live under the edge of the sea wall (this is a sanctuary for them so you can't catch them).
This was a good base to visit some wonderful state parks. About an hour drive to key west.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mersiemoose
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here (along with our dog) for Labor Day weekend. This was our first camping trip with our new trailer and figured for the price, this place was going to be ok. We arrived after hours and our information was set out, exactly where they said it would be (outside the office). We were on lot 177. The lots are not marked very well at all, so it proved to be semi-difficult to find in the dark. When we arrived to the site, there was a truck parked on it, so that posed a challenge to us - not only did we have to back the trailer in when it was pitch black, we also had to maneuver around the truck - not a pleasant experience at all. The saving grace to this was having an amazing neighbor who helped us out. The area we were in smelled of raw sewage, which was kind of a bummer. The sites are very small and not what we expected at all. The showers in the park are pull showers and were very clean. We had to pay an additional $30 cash deposit for our dog - not quite sure what that was all about, but they were very prompt to return it to us after we left (they sent it in the mail the same day we left). For the price (compared to the campsites in key west), it was ok - I really don't think that we will be going back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank brandy s
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Because we have had such great experiences at Jolly Roger in the past, this year we booked a MONTH at this RV park. We were again greeted warmly by Debbie and Mike, to the point that we feel like close family! Angie was awesome as always, and the new guys...Allen and Penny were nice as well.

The park has expanded, but the warm atmosphere has remained. There are nice grassy sites near the new pool that are quite spacious.

In addition to the staff making the experience great, one of the things I love is that you can snorkel right from the campground and see plenty of beautiful sealife, including lobster, parrotfish, file fish, needlefish, sargeant majors, barracuda, etc., etc.

You will NOT regret visiting the Jolly Roger. Our month felt like a week!! It ended to quickly, again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Connie S
Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you are planning on tent camping in the keys this is where to go. The set up is awesome, right on the water. Lots of lobsters, lizards, and pelicans to watch all day and night. My kids were never bored. It has a pier which is nice. Its on the bay side so the water has lots of creatures but not ideal for me to swim in. They have a heated pool which is new. The only problem is that the showers are not good. You have to pull down a lever the entire time you are showering, which made it nearly impossible for me to bath my small children. Also there is a lady with shoulder length blond hair who works there and she will scold you like a child if you do something wrong and she sees you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cherie Mchargue W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me preface by saying that we camped at Curry Hammock State Park for the first three days of our trip...and I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to leave to come to Jolly Roger-so, maybe that skewed my opinion a bit. We had an interior site...the sites were a bit too close for my comfort, as we are used to state parks. My daughter could look right out her bunk window and watch the neighbor's TV program right along with them lol. There were a ton of burrs in the grass on our campsite so we needed to make sure we had shoes on at all times. Bathrooms were dated, but clean. The park was clean, and appeared well kept. The pool (which I understand is a new addition) was nice to swim in. The people who worked at the park were very pleasant. All in all it was "okay". I probably would not stay here again unless we weren't able to get into a state park.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family