“great sunset cruise and crew.”

Captain Hook's Marina & Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 79 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Hook’s Marina and Dive Center has been the place to get everything you need for a day on the water. We have won the TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence three years in a row now and we are here to show you the best time here in the Florida Keys. Charters for fishing, diving, snorkeling, dive instruction and certification; bait and tackle; scuba equipment and air tanks; boat rentals; snacks and beverages—we have all the supplies you’ll need to enjoy an area celebrated for world-class fishing, diving and all water sports. We now offer paddleboard and kayak rentals and tours, and kiteboarding too! Check with our staff to see when the next sunset cruise will be departing...they are great fun.
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We had a wonderful evening cruise on the Jolly Roger. Captain Mikeand his crew made sure that all aboard felt welcomed and informed. Sunsets in the keys are something to experience,was but this was the best.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Great Friendly dive shop. Loss of local dive site knowledge. Dave & Denise, the instructors, were what sold us.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

I had a great experience getting certified by Denise at Captain Hooks. Should took me through everything very quickly and we were able to do some great dives in the process. I'd definitely recommend the barge to anyone looking for a fun trip.

Captain Mike also took my family and I out on for a half-day of fishing which was a blast. We didn't pull in anything big, but fished the edge of a reef and caught more than enough to feed the family lunch and dinner. It was a great time.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

I have no preference when I visit, but if I find myself aboard the spacious Jolly Roger or the Reef Hopper, I've come to expect that Captain Hook's will do their very best to treat my family and me to the best diving that the water has to offer. My first dive with Captain Hook's was in May of 2002. My family and I have since made it a point to re-visit the middle keys, more specifically Captain Hook's, every year we have been able to since then. The staff here has facilitated all of my advanced dive training from Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air, to Rescue Diver. My son has received all of his dive training here as well. Moreover, the shop does a very nice job of combining training and touring at a very attractive price point. This year, we decided to suspend our training and focus on catching lobster and hogfish while my wife and daughter snorkeled at the surface. My son and I have completed over 50 dives with this operation, and we plan to return again next year for more. The entire staff treats us like we are family. The boat captains and dive staff are very friendly and professional, and they create an efficient yet relaxed atmosphere for those like me, who seek the tranquility of the keys to escape the pressures of our professional lives. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

I rented a boat for the first time in my life. Not first time renting, I mean first time every being on a boat! They went over everything with me and made me feel comfortable. Good navigation chart and a highly usable GPS.

I went out to Coffins Patch but the water was so rough I didn't enjoy it at all. Found it just fine with the GPS though.

I tooled over to the Gulf side for calmer water. No good snorkeling out there but I just wanted to catch some sun. I tried several times to anchor the boat but failed each time. I guess a little more instruction on that would have helped.

All in all, it was a good day (except for the storms but that is not the fault of Captain Hooks.) Just be ready to get hit with the fuel usage. I paid an extra $100 over my rental price os $225 for fuel.