“I Got Certified!!!!”

Captain Hook's Marina & Dive Center
Ranked #12 of 80 Tours in Marathon
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Hook’s Marina and Dive Center has been the place to get everything you need for a day on the water. We have won the TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence three years in a row now and we are here to show you the best time here in the Florida Keys. Charters for fishing, diving, snorkeling, dive instruction and certification; bait and tackle; scuba equipment and air tanks; boat rentals; snacks and beverages—we have all the supplies you’ll need to enjoy an area celebrated for world-class fishing, diving and all water sports. We now offer paddleboard and kayak rentals and tours, and kiteboarding too! Check with our staff to see when the next sunset cruise will be departing...they are great fun.
Conway,MO,USA
“I Got Certified!!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The staff is amazing. I spent a few days with Eric and am now a certified diver. Eric is very knowledgeable, but more importantly he is very patient and encouraging. Everyone there was very friendly and supportive. The reefs are so beautiful. If you are considering getting certified, this is the place to visit. I feel very confident after all the training and I know that I learned from the best.

Seattle, Washington
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great company for entry level divers and snorkeling trips”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We used them since we were at the Holiday Inn Express. They have a mini shop there, but their main shop is nearby, less than 1 mile. Their prices are great, and their personnel was very friendly.
The snorkel trip was great, nothing to complain. They provide good boats, and go to nearby reefs, with 2 1 hour snorkel swims at different reefs. It was a great deal.
The scuba was nice, but it seems targeted towards novice divers, which was not my case. For advanced divers, I think other diving companies would be better suited. But since I had my family with me doing snorkeling, it worked well for us.

Rapid City, South Dakota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Reserved a boat for the day, when we showed we were told the boat was damaged and we were out of luck. Pick up was at 8:00 am and the first phone call was at 8:33, two minutes before we walked in the door. The staff couldn't have cared less. We ended up booking a snorkel and dive trip....I asked for a discount for our trouble and the question was ignored. Will not use this company ever again.

4 Thank celepore
Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“AM scuba”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked last minute (night before) due to another shop having boat problems. Reservation and check in was a breeze, had to pay at time of reservation. Loaded my gear on to boat, hard weights were available. Took of on time with 12 divers and 4 snorkelers, boat fumes were making people going to and coming from the dive sites. Before dives a brief explanation of dive site was given. 1 hour bottom time even though I had over 1200 psi left after each trip, had to set up, change, and disassemble my own gear. Free guided tour underwater or you can go on your own. Water provided, cooler for own snacks available. Lowest depth was 28' average was 20' I wouldn't recommend snorkelers take this trip, you probably won't see much.

Daytona Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Boat Rental”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked our boat rental. The boat was typical 20-22' with 200hp.... We were going snorkeling and fishing. The boat was obvious rental type with cuts and marks, but ran great. Our only problem was during initial inspection we could not see the prop as the tilt/trim did not work. Was told it was either this or they put it out of service, (also we carried our own dive flag, and the ladder did not fit the boat placement due to prior damage before us, so no trips to a sand bar,etc.) So we fished primarily. The people were helpful though. When returning the boat it showed we only used about 1/3 a tank, guessing approx. 60 miles of use. And they told use the fuel used was 30 gallons. I guess we were a little shocked to see it only got 2mpg, but we don't know what the mpg should be. The boat was great for fishing, and the docking location is too.

Only thing I would recommend is that doing the initial inspection, write all items or damage down on the form, because you most likely will return it and inspect with another person.

Marathon is a great place to fish, the bait is all there too.

They let the kids feed their fish @ 4pm daily.... they love it.

Visited July 2013