Review Highlights
The best Bareboat sailing training and service anywhere

I found Florida Keys Sailing School through the ASA sailing lessons website, but chose GDub because... read more

Reviewed April 17, 2018
momvon
Denver, Colorado
Lovely evening sail

Had a great night on the water. The two hour trip took us sightseeing on the gulf side down to... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2018
Yvonne G
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
via mobile

All reviews sailing school day sail keys fishery small craft amazing sunset high winds gulf side seven mile bridge dub asa sayonara sailboat certification sailors skiing docking sailed
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We did this and scuba diving , one of those things in life you never forget, really loved it! try the key hopper its great

1  Thank scott l
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a very pleasant sail with Captain Dale on the Sirius Catamaran. He was very nice and informative. The weather was beautiful. We even saw dolphins.

2  Thank JGak
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We sailed on "Danger" with Danger Cruises. Excellent value with the wine and snacks provided to view the world famous sunset in Key west.

3  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Well, I've had the full experience. In 2010 I took the basic keel boat and basic cruisng with my wife on the Catalina 30 (Salina), J24 (Chaquita), and C&C 36 (Sea Wings). Over Christmas of 2011, we bareboated his Irwin 34 Serendipity for a week with my parents and three little daughters. We're just planning our adventure for 2012....

Bruce is the real deal kind of sailor, but also very friendly. If you want it straight between the eyse's he'll give it to you. I you want him to calmly teach your wife the finer points of sail trim, he can do that too. I've never been on the water with somebody so knowledgable yet so friendly and laid back. I think Bruce is a really nice guy who works REALLY hard to keep the prices affordable for a guy like me!! He also expects respect (which he deserves) from those who charter from him (how would you like it if somebody broke your boat?) Anybody who doesn't give this guy 5 stars has either not owned a boat or isn't a real sailor!

Also.. Key's Fisheries Marina is a super cool marina and the tiki bar is top notch (fantastic stone crab).

Hey Bruce - Greetings from your favorite Sailor's in Iowa!!! We've been planning for our next trip and can't wait to see you again.

3  Thank Gary L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Took a week long sail and learn for the bareboat and coastal cruising certifications with my family. Bruce could not have been more instructive and attentive. I have two boys, 10 and 14, and he was very good with keeping them both learning and entertained with great stories on the trip. Sailing on your own is easiest when you have a little help. Although the class was for me, he taught the boys enough to help out where needed. Looking forward to lots of fun sailing adventures in the future.

3  Thank tharwood