See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2010

The Bonefish Resort is a beautiful place to spend your vacation. The staff is wonderful, and it is very cozy.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

We paid $150 a night! But this was half of what we would've paid in Key West. Nice location on the beach, but a 15 minute drive to any decent resturant. Rooms are small, low ceilings. We were concerned about mold and sanitation, the beach towels they provide are embarrasing to be seen with (bring your own). The pool is a joke. Oh well, we just told ourselves we were back in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My husband and I booked four nights at Bonefish, and we were a bit nervous after reading some of the bad reviews on this site. Some of the complaints were spot-on. The room we had was pretty shabby and not terribly clean. The towels were very thin/worn.

That said, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Bonefish. So much that we extended our visit by one day. And we would definitely return.

Great location, and the oceanfront area was gorgeous. And very low-key. Some days we had the "beach" to ourselves. The pool isn't heated, so on many days the ocean felt warmer than the pool. Fine by us.

Some facts for future lodgers: You can park next door at the pink house, which is also owned by Bonefish. And you check-in at Yellowtail Resort (just down the road).

Reviewed March 20, 2010

First, after being refunded back our deposit from the Rainbow Lodge down the road from Bonetail - due to them thinking I would find the Rainbow Lodge not to my liking - I am really glad that I was given the chance to explore Bonefish. It was less flashy then Rainbow Lodge (they have lots of lights there - too posh for me <lol>).
Lorie right from the start had been a great help with giving us advise of places to see, etc. The room we had which was the only one available at the time with a queensize bed, microwave, fridge suited us fine. Since we usually leave onboard a 25' sailboat in the summer, despite what others that were saying that we spoke to about the room sizes being small, we felt very spoiled.
I guess the only thing lacking was a few hooks to hang up articles. If they added a few of those, it would have made things perfect. I improvised with hanging from some of the artwork, and made our place look cozy.
If you are a light sleeper, you might not like the road noise, but with the air conditioner going at night, it was actually kind of pleasant.
Would I come back again? In a flash, as long as they don't jack up the prices. It was very laid back, perfect for relaxing, fishing, beachcombing, bird watching. A little slice of heaven in my humble opinion. Don't change a thing, except for a few wall hooks ;)

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I must say we were worried based on bad reviews, even as 4 guys on a fishing trip. We stayed in 301 with 2 queen sized beds, plenty of room. Though we ate out our 3 days there the kitchen area seemed fine to cook meals. I took some time to fish off the beach and caught a few lizard fish, missed a couple of cuda's and saw several rays swimming about. My 2 sons enjoyed the pool while my Pop and I enjoyed lounging around. The staff was very friendly and they allowed my Pop to print out our boarding passes for our return trip home. If you are expecting the Ritz you will be disappointed, if you're comfortable with a clean, cozy room, small intimate pool with a fantastic beach, this is the place. Adjoining property could use cleaning up, though I'd hardly hold Bonefish responsible for that, parking is limited and though we were closest to the road traffic noise was not an issue. We left early so I put keys on dining table as office was closed. We'll be back. Bill B.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family