Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
$139
HIExpress.com
$110
$93
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$190
$149
Hyatt.com
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotels.com
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$153
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Hotels.com
$225
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2012

. I will never trust the pics or the advertisements again.This supostly RESORT is nothing but a way to ripped off people from the money.. You pay an advanced thinking you will get to a place that have a clean beach, nice pool CLEAN ROOM...but what we found was a dirty beach.. Full of Algae, no place to swim, the pool is a size of a bathtub and the most important thing the rooms are like the house of the Adam's family.. The floor were eneven, the furniture falling in pieces.... I mean everything was a nightmare... So NASTY, DIRTY, FULL OF BUGS.. I don't know how the city manage to let this place be a hotel or resort because is NOT RESORT.. They don't even have an office in that place you have to GO to chek in 3 hundreds feet down the dirty road in the yellowtail and on tap of that the manager or the guy that was at the office was totally rude.. He acted like he was doing me a favor or giving me job.. Complaining about my driving ...telling me that I drove too fast in the parking lot.. Poor guy ... He thinks he is working in a 5 starts hotel... That roach MOTEL is not even 1*.. All they are doing some how is taking your money.. I don't recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room in that place.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MafoNaples
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

First of all, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry if our hotel failed to meet your expectations, but considering you decided to cancel your stay without even seeing our rooms I don't think your qualified to make such comments. We actually have three swimming pools of varying sizes, the largest being a full-sized pool. As was explained to you on the phone and in the email confirmation, the office is next door at the Yellowtail; the two hotels share an office.
We do ask and expect our guests to drive slowly in our parking lot and respect the safety of other guests and staff.
Again, thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Upon arrival we had to find the reception, which turned out to be at another resort down the road. Kitchen quite shabby and old, toilet and shower real cramped. No clean towels nor toiletpaper the second day. Nice oceanview and nice pool, however too bad you can't swim in the ocean there. Central located for visiting all the Keys. Paid way too much money for this!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- things are more laid-back and relaxed here, which is exactly why so many people from all over the world visit each year!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The reception was the most negative and arrogante person I have yet to meet at ANY hotel anywhere. Was first given a hatbox size room even though we paid for a room with kitchenette etc,, and was told there was noting else. After presenting the reservatuion details, there was suddenly a bigger room available.
Everyone we observed in the reception was treated equally poorly. The rooms were totally substandard even for the keys at the price they charge. facilities were not worth mentioning, th epool is the size of a hottub , and the place is generally in VERY worn down condition.
I would not reccomend this place to my worst enemy , go anywhere else , can almost not get any worse.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginoDk
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.
I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you during your next visit to the Keys!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband, myself and our two dogs spent a weekend at the Bonefish Resort and had a splendid time. We stayed in room 309 which was actually a deluxe efficiency. It had a private bedroom with two beds, a sitting room with a table and chairs and a complete kitchen. Home, sweet home. The air conditioning was cold. The sheets clean and the beds were very comfortable. The management was just great. There is a small beach area with a pool down by the ocean. And for bicycle riders it is great because the bike path is right across the street and will take you anywhere you want to go in Marathon. There is a state park just a little bit south that you can reach by bicycle. It is not new and it is not fancy. But it is pure a Mom and Pop Keys Motel. I wouldn't have it any other way. A huge tree was over our room giving us great shade. Our room opened to a very pleasant courtyard. At the end, the units opened to the big Atlantic Ocean. I certainly would recommend the Bonefish Resort and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks so much for the kind words! We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

In my opinion this is a type of fraud due to the misrepsentation on the internet. I am asking Bank of America to assist me in obtaining a refund. Upon arrival, I was shocked at want was represented as a quaint motel in the Florida Keys to be an antiquated conglomeration of 1950’s rooms which when viewed presented were both tiny and filthy. Parking was not available at least not near by with exception of the 3 spots next door which did not appear to be part of the Bonefish Resort and I use the word resort loosely. The entire property was gravel covered an would be difficult at best to two 61+ year old guests to maneuver with suit cases. We decided to investigate the property before checking in. The back walls were covered in mold, foundation rotted & unleveled, windows would partially close, roof presented with dry rot. As an asthmatic these moldy conditions were at best unhealthy. The rooms appeared to be mobile home type trailers lined up and wood sided together. Housekeeping left several rooms open after cleaning so the bugs to escape - we sneaked a peek to discover broken tile floors, busted doors, spotted sheets & bed covers, and what appeared to be bed dugs crawling on the sheets, broken electrical receptacles, exposed electrical wiring, cracked plaster walls, dampness which appeared to emanate from walls probably from the leaking roof, roaches in the window sills, towels washed but still stained & missing smoke alarm. Health department would have a field day in this location.

Pool was small and water was slimy green with a disgusting beach covered in 25 feet of smelly seaweed and large mud flat accompanied by the smell of sulfur of which I am allergic. We went to several other doors and buildings and nothing indicated the office location. As we were leaving a couple said we had to go 300 yards down the street to different motel to check in which they recommended not to do because the management was unreasonable and unwilling to cancel a reservation as they stated - we already have your money an what are you going to do. I decided to plead my case to the staff member who stated his name was Robert, regarding the health issues which would endanger my life but as warned he was not willing to refund deposit. He offered to allow me to add an additional $100.00 to the $94.50, which I had already been charged to upgrade to a beach front which would only placed me closer to the health issues and then to add insult to injury he said there was an unpaid resort fee of $12 for amenities. Check out the review guest photos on this site - it will save you alot of heartache.

The resort provided pictures must have been from 50 years ago because this place is a dump. Current photos have been uploaded to www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g34347-d120452-Bonefish_Resort-Marathon_Florida_Keys_Florida.html. You may have to cut and paste this link in your browser if clicking on it does not work.

Room Tip: The internet depicts a quaint settle when in fact it is hell on earth. They have 2 other locations which are just as bad - beware
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lawrence E
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I realize that our hotel isn't for everyone. These are Old Florida Keys-style rooms and a lot of our guests appreciate the kitschy, laid-back atmosphere. We do have larger, newer, and much nicer units available at our other properties, all priced accordingly, and we'd have been happy to upgrade you to one of those suites. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but I don't think it's fair to hold us responsible for them. If the salty air and humidity of the Keys are such a serious threat to you then it probably isn't a great choice for a vacation spot in the first place, and if you have such serious health concerns then it probably isn't advisable to just book the cheapest room you can find.