Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
$110
$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$139
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$96
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotels.com
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$180
$153
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
$225
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband, myself and our two dogs spent a weekend at the Bonefish Resort and had a splendid time. We stayed in room 309 which was actually a deluxe efficiency. It had a private bedroom with two beds, a sitting room with a table and chairs and a complete kitchen. Home, sweet home. The air conditioning was cold. The sheets clean and the beds were very comfortable. The management was just great. There is a small beach area with a pool down by the ocean. And for bicycle riders it is great because the bike path is right across the street and will take you anywhere you want to go in Marathon. There is a state park just a little bit south that you can reach by bicycle. It is not new and it is not fancy. But it is pure a Mom and Pop Keys Motel. I wouldn't have it any other way. A huge tree was over our room giving us great shade. Our room opened to a very pleasant courtyard. At the end, the units opened to the big Atlantic Ocean. I certainly would recommend the Bonefish Resort and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks so much for the kind words! We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

In my opinion this is a type of fraud due to the misrepsentation on the internet. I am asking Bank of America to assist me in obtaining a refund. Upon arrival, I was shocked at want was represented as a quaint motel in the Florida Keys to be an antiquated conglomeration of 1950’s rooms which when viewed presented were both tiny and filthy. Parking was not available at least not near by with exception of the 3 spots next door which did not appear to be part of the Bonefish Resort and I use the word resort loosely. The entire property was gravel covered an would be difficult at best to two 61+ year old guests to maneuver with suit cases. We decided to investigate the property before checking in. The back walls were covered in mold, foundation rotted & unleveled, windows would partially close, roof presented with dry rot. As an asthmatic these moldy conditions were at best unhealthy. The rooms appeared to be mobile home type trailers lined up and wood sided together. Housekeeping left several rooms open after cleaning so the bugs to escape - we sneaked a peek to discover broken tile floors, busted doors, spotted sheets & bed covers, and what appeared to be bed dugs crawling on the sheets, broken electrical receptacles, exposed electrical wiring, cracked plaster walls, dampness which appeared to emanate from walls probably from the leaking roof, roaches in the window sills, towels washed but still stained & missing smoke alarm. Health department would have a field day in this location.

Pool was small and water was slimy green with a disgusting beach covered in 25 feet of smelly seaweed and large mud flat accompanied by the smell of sulfur of which I am allergic. We went to several other doors and buildings and nothing indicated the office location. As we were leaving a couple said we had to go 300 yards down the street to different motel to check in which they recommended not to do because the management was unreasonable and unwilling to cancel a reservation as they stated - we already have your money an what are you going to do. I decided to plead my case to the staff member who stated his name was Robert, regarding the health issues which would endanger my life but as warned he was not willing to refund deposit. He offered to allow me to add an additional $100.00 to the $94.50, which I had already been charged to upgrade to a beach front which would only placed me closer to the health issues and then to add insult to injury he said there was an unpaid resort fee of $12 for amenities. Check out the review guest photos on this site - it will save you alot of heartache.

The resort provided pictures must have been from 50 years ago because this place is a dump. Current photos have been uploaded to www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g34347-d120452-Bonefish_Resort-Marathon_Florida_Keys_Florida.html. You may have to cut and paste this link in your browser if clicking on it does not work.

Room Tip: The internet depicts a quaint settle when in fact it is hell on earth. They have 2 other locations which are just as bad - beware
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lawrence E
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I realize that our hotel isn't for everyone. These are Old Florida Keys-style rooms and a lot of our guests appreciate the kitschy, laid-back atmosphere. We do have larger, newer, and much nicer units available at our other properties, all priced accordingly, and we'd have been happy to upgrade you to one of those suites. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but I don't think it's fair to hold us responsible for them. If the salty air and humidity of the Keys are such a serious threat to you then it probably isn't a great choice for a vacation spot in the first place, and if you have such serious health concerns then it probably isn't advisable to just book the cheapest room you can find.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

First night spent in very cramped room. Not what we had reserved! Management blamed booking agency not only in our case, but also the guest in front of me at the office. We had used separate booking agencies! We were moved to a room that had a kitchenette and a small living room. As you walked across the floor, there was a severe angle to it. Obviously, the floor and cabin needed repair. I looked underneath the cabin. There was only a small piece of 6x6 precariously balanced on a cinder block (see picture) supporting the cabin. Interior doors did not close, including the bathroom door! (see picture of bathroom door where it opens up to the living/dining area).
Maybe the building meets Florida codes, according to the manager's comments to other reviews, but it would fail to meet building standards in many states. I was not expecting anything fancy, but I certainly was not expecting a dump!
The manager on duty when we checked in was defensive and rude from our very first question. Obviously, he was used to receiving guest complaints upon check in! When I asked to use the phone to call my booking agent, as I did not have a cell phone, he said I could not use the phone. He actually sent me up the road the wrong way when I asked where I might find a place that was open at night.
The attitude and place ruined our vacation experience.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave327
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you didn't like your accommodations at our resort. I assure you we gave you exactly the room you chose online. Our hotel is an older building that is fully in line with safety codes of the State of Florida Department of Health, and many of our guests love the "Keys-ey" atmosphere, altough we admit it's not for everyone. We are constantly working on improving and updating our property, and we are very proud of our little hotel. Hopefully on your next visit to the Keys you'll give us the opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Do not, I repeat, do not, stay at this place. They are nasty, rude, disrespectful, and the place is a sty. And, they fail to tell you that if you try and cancel your reservation (which most people would do upoon reading these reviews) they DO NOT give you your money back. I made a reservation and the next day tried to cancel, and the man-child that answered the phone said I was not "worth getting the manager for," when I requested that I speak to his supervisor. I am moving to Marathon, and would NEVER recommend that anyone stay at this place. BEWARE.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Chris L
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I'm sorry if you had a negative experience with our resort or if there was a misunderstanding about the cancellation policy, but it is clearly stated in the email confirmation we sent you.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This resort is much more like a bungalow or Old Florida type of setting. It's not ritzy, so don't stay if you're expecting a hotel with an attached spa. When the tide goes out, you can walk through miles of ankle deep water and still easily reach deeper water. The pool is small, but the company offers the other motels pool for use.

There are no bugs, the towels and bedding is clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. They have a great moonlight view, and a wonderful spot for tanning. We also got to see a lot of wildlife while staying.

I think the bad reviews come from people expected a cheap hotel type of place, with uniform rooms and continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your business and your review of our property! We hope we can accommodate you again!