$209
HIExpress.com
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$129
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$239
Hyatt.com
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
Sea Dell Motel(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$149
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$299
$105
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2012

First night spent in very cramped room. Not what we had reserved! Management blamed booking agency not only in our case, but also the guest in front of me at the office. We had used separate booking agencies! We were moved to a room that had a kitchenette and a small living room. As you walked across the floor, there was a severe angle to it. Obviously, the floor and cabin needed repair. I looked underneath the cabin. There was only a small piece of 6x6 precariously balanced on a cinder block (see picture) supporting the cabin. Interior doors did not close, including the bathroom door! (see picture of bathroom door where it opens up to the living/dining area).
Maybe the building meets Florida codes, according to the manager's comments to other reviews, but it would fail to meet building standards in many states. I was not expecting anything fancy, but I certainly was not expecting a dump!
The manager on duty when we checked in was defensive and rude from our very first question. Obviously, he was used to receiving guest complaints upon check in! When I asked to use the phone to call my booking agent, as I did not have a cell phone, he said I could not use the phone. He actually sent me up the road the wrong way when I asked where I might find a place that was open at night.
The attitude and place ruined our vacation experience.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave327
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry if you didn't like your accommodations at our resort. I assure you we gave you exactly the room you chose online. Our hotel is an older building that is fully in line with safety codes of the State of Florida Department of Health, and many of our guests love the "Keys-ey" atmosphere, altough we admit it's not for everyone. We are constantly working on improving and updating our property, and we are very proud of our little hotel. Hopefully on your next visit to the Keys you'll give us the opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Do not, I repeat, do not, stay at this place. They are nasty, rude, disrespectful, and the place is a sty. And, they fail to tell you that if you try and cancel your reservation (which most people would do upoon reading these reviews) they DO NOT give you your money back. I made a reservation and the next day tried to cancel, and the man-child that answered the phone said I was not "worth getting the manager for," when I requested that I speak to his supervisor. I am moving to Marathon, and would NEVER recommend that anyone stay at this place. BEWARE.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Chris L
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I'm sorry if you had a negative experience with our resort or if there was a misunderstanding about the cancellation policy, but it is clearly stated in the email confirmation we sent you.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This resort is much more like a bungalow or Old Florida type of setting. It's not ritzy, so don't stay if you're expecting a hotel with an attached spa. When the tide goes out, you can walk through miles of ankle deep water and still easily reach deeper water. The pool is small, but the company offers the other motels pool for use.

There are no bugs, the towels and bedding is clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. They have a great moonlight view, and a wonderful spot for tanning. We also got to see a lot of wildlife while staying.

I think the bad reviews come from people expected a cheap hotel type of place, with uniform rooms and continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your business and your review of our property! We hope we can accommodate you again!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The title refers both to location and calling this property a "resort". We booked this place as a jumping-off point for Key West as the price appeared to be reasonable. Booking was our first mistake. My credit card was charged for two rooms for two nights from the time of booking, three weeks before our visit. Upon arrival, we discovered there was no parking on site. There were no sidewalks, only a gravel "courtyard, difficult to manoeuver suitcases. To check in we had to go 300 yards down the busy highway to another resort. There were some computer problems so we never really checked in but were given keys and told things would be taken care off upon check out. The units had the appearance of 1950's style mobile homes cobbled together into two lines of units. Furnishings and fittings reflected 1950's as well, but it was reasonably clean. There was a small kitchen and even smaller bathroom with very dim lighting and a walk in shower we dared enter only wearing surf shooes. Ceilings were low and cooling was done by a window a/c unit that was taped into place and souned like an airplane revving up for take=off. It turned out that Key West was 45 minutes down the highway, which was acceptable, despite being told it was only "20 minutes or so" Our troubles went further when we checked out. At that time we dealt witha manager who had no idea of what customer service means. He boldfacedly lied when he told us the $12 per day per room was explained to us when reserving and in our confirmation e-mail we received. I had the e-mail with me and he later agreed it was not in there. It was then I learnd the room chargs, including the resort fee were already processed against my card. We tried to dispute the fee and we were told there was no return. When asked who we should complain to the young man said me, I am the general manager, and upon receiving my complaint he would just tear it up so don't waste my time. He refused to provide the name of the resort aowner or an address we could lodge our complaint to. My fried who we were travelling with (two couples) is a cop and he tried to reason with the fellow, but quickly lost patience with his intransigent position and his attitude. We had to pull him out of the office to avoid a physical confrontation from a man who is so very even-tempered. We indicated our intent to write this review and to inform the Florida state officials as well as the area Better Business Bureau. Again he told us to go ahead, he didn't care. The resort itself would barely qualify as a one star, but the attitude when we dealt with the manager was the telling feature. If you want to get ripped off and enjoy it, stay at the Bonefish resort; otherwise avoid this place by all means.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SevDeb
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.
I will attempt to address some of your complaints- we charge a 2 night deposit at the time the reservation is made, so in the case of a one- or two-night stay, we charge the full amount up front. This is our policy, and is explained clearly when we make each reservation, so there should be no surprise there. As for the nightly resort fee of $6- this is explained clearly each time a guest asks for a complete breakdown of the price, and is printed clearly on our sign-in sheet which each guest is given at check-in, so that should not be a surprise either. Based on your review I must say that you seem to be telling a rather one-sided story, and I’m sure our manager was neither rude nor disrespectful. We do have a procedure for handling disputed charges from our guests, but it does not involve allowing agitated or belligerent guests to bully our staff. Rest assured, a physical altercation would have resulted in a police report and charges filed. Again, I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay, but it seems like your negative experience is based mostly on starting a fight with our staff.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Room was small. Aircond noisy. Middle of nothing. Shower was too small ond there was no water. Even sleeping in caravan is more enjoyable. Room was hot and smelly. Only good thing was sunset.

Room Tip: Sleep outside
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple