$139
HIExpress.com
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$93
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$149
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$96
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotels.com
Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$153
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$225
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The title refers both to location and calling this property a "resort". We booked this place as a jumping-off point for Key West as the price appeared to be reasonable. Booking was our first mistake. My credit card was charged for two rooms for two nights from the time of booking, three weeks before our visit. Upon arrival, we discovered there was no parking on site. There were no sidewalks, only a gravel "courtyard, difficult to manoeuver suitcases. To check in we had to go 300 yards down the busy highway to another resort. There were some computer problems so we never really checked in but were given keys and told things would be taken care off upon check out. The units had the appearance of 1950's style mobile homes cobbled together into two lines of units. Furnishings and fittings reflected 1950's as well, but it was reasonably clean. There was a small kitchen and even smaller bathroom with very dim lighting and a walk in shower we dared enter only wearing surf shooes. Ceilings were low and cooling was done by a window a/c unit that was taped into place and souned like an airplane revving up for take=off. It turned out that Key West was 45 minutes down the highway, which was acceptable, despite being told it was only "20 minutes or so" Our troubles went further when we checked out. At that time we dealt witha manager who had no idea of what customer service means. He boldfacedly lied when he told us the $12 per day per room was explained to us when reserving and in our confirmation e-mail we received. I had the e-mail with me and he later agreed it was not in there. It was then I learnd the room chargs, including the resort fee were already processed against my card. We tried to dispute the fee and we were told there was no return. When asked who we should complain to the young man said me, I am the general manager, and upon receiving my complaint he would just tear it up so don't waste my time. He refused to provide the name of the resort aowner or an address we could lodge our complaint to. My fried who we were travelling with (two couples) is a cop and he tried to reason with the fellow, but quickly lost patience with his intransigent position and his attitude. We had to pull him out of the office to avoid a physical confrontation from a man who is so very even-tempered. We indicated our intent to write this review and to inform the Florida state officials as well as the area Better Business Bureau. Again he told us to go ahead, he didn't care. The resort itself would barely qualify as a one star, but the attitude when we dealt with the manager was the telling feature. If you want to get ripped off and enjoy it, stay at the Bonefish resort; otherwise avoid this place by all means.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SevDeb
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.
I will attempt to address some of your complaints- we charge a 2 night deposit at the time the reservation is made, so in the case of a one- or two-night stay, we charge the full amount up front. This is our policy, and is explained clearly when we make each reservation, so there should be no surprise there. As for the nightly resort fee of $6- this is explained clearly each time a guest asks for a complete breakdown of the price, and is printed clearly on our sign-in sheet which each guest is given at check-in, so that should not be a surprise either. Based on your review I must say that you seem to be telling a rather one-sided story, and I’m sure our manager was neither rude nor disrespectful. We do have a procedure for handling disputed charges from our guests, but it does not involve allowing agitated or belligerent guests to bully our staff. Rest assured, a physical altercation would have resulted in a police report and charges filed. Again, I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay, but it seems like your negative experience is based mostly on starting a fight with our staff.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Room was small. Aircond noisy. Middle of nothing. Shower was too small ond there was no water. Even sleeping in caravan is more enjoyable. Room was hot and smelly. Only good thing was sunset.

Room Tip: Sleep outside
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I can't believe the health department allows Bonefish Resort to stay in business. No parking, our efficiency had a hole in the roof. Our bed linens had urine stains on them. The door didn't close so the ghetto air box ducted taped to the wall wouldn't stay cold. Never, Never again would I stay here. The pool is the size of a cracker jack box. I want my $127.19 back.

Room Tip: Run away from this place
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FISHINCHIC34

I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay. I'll start off by saying we are fully in-line with the rules and regulations of the State of Florida Department of Health. Furthermore, our units do not have holes in the roof or urine stains on the linens. Nor are the A/C units taped into the windows. Tape is put around the unit to secure a seal between the unit itself and the window frame, which is a totally common practice and should not be shocking or surprising to anyone. I'm sorry if you were unable to close the door, but rest assured, the doors work. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I become nauseous just thinking about this place. Refrigerator was off and smelled like dead fish when we opened it. Bugs all over. Tiny shower. Room so close to busy highway I thought we were sleeping on US I. We should have slept in the car. Locked into $170 per night for three nights! No refund. Pool is tiny, dirty. One broken lounge chair. No services. No beach. Bad. Bad. Bad. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clamdigger47770

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. An effect of being located on an island is that there is a finite amount of land available, so one can only get so far from the highway before finding oneself in the ocean. There's really nothing we can do about the placement and location of the highway. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The only part of this motel is guest services is when they take your money! The lobby closes at 10pm and your totally on your own after that. No smoke alarm, electrical outlets are bare with wires showing, mold & mildew everywhere. Even with all that and the bedbugs and roaches still no refund. Front desk refuses to let you speak to a manager or a GM. They own Bonefish Resort, Yellowfin Resort & Casa Del Sole. I wouldn't let my dog stay in any of them.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shona M

We do not have, nor have we ever had, bedbugs. Please understand what visiting a tropical island entails- humidity, rain, and yes, insects, which we take very seriously, and take many steps to prevent. Our front desk staff are representatives of the ownership, and speak on behalf of the resort, and are doing their jobs the way they are trained to. We do have a procedure for addressing complaints and refunds, but it does not involve allowing angry guests to bully or intimidate our staff.