See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Room was small. Aircond noisy. Middle of nothing. Shower was too small ond there was no water. Even sleeping in caravan is more enjoyable. Room was hot and smelly. Only good thing was sunset.

Room Tip: Sleep outside
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
BonefishResort58, Manager at Bonefish Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I can't believe the health department allows Bonefish Resort to stay in business. No parking, our efficiency had a hole in the roof. Our bed linens had urine stains on them. The door didn't close so the ghetto air box ducted taped to the wall wouldn't stay cold. Never, Never again would I stay here. The pool is the size of a cracker jack box. I want my $127.19 back.

Room Tip: Run away from this place
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FISHINCHIC34

I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your stay. I'll start off by saying we are fully in-line with the rules and regulations of the State of Florida Department of Health. Furthermore, our units do not have holes in the roof or urine stains on the linens. Nor are the A/C units taped into the windows. Tape is put around the unit to secure a seal between the unit itself and the window frame, which is a totally common practice and should not be shocking or surprising to anyone. I'm sorry if you were unable to close the door, but rest assured, the doors work. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I become nauseous just thinking about this place. Refrigerator was off and smelled like dead fish when we opened it. Bugs all over. Tiny shower. Room so close to busy highway I thought we were sleeping on US I. We should have slept in the car. Locked into $170 per night for three nights! No refund. Pool is tiny, dirty. One broken lounge chair. No services. No beach. Bad. Bad. Bad. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away!
3  Thank Clamdigger47770

First of all thank you for your feedback, and I’m sorry if you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. The Bonefish Resort is a small motel, and that is exactly what we advertise it as. This is premium oceanfront property in the Florida Keys, and while we realize that our units aren’t compatible with a 5-star hotel, we feel the price is fair. If your needs are for something more than what we offer at the Bonefish Resort then our hotel group has larger and newer units available at neighboring properties, all priced accordingly. Our units are clean and comfortable, and while I won’t argue that the building is clearly an older one, we work hard to maintain it and keep it in good condition, which isn’t always easy with seasonal hurricanes and tropical storms. An effect of being located on an island is that there is a finite amount of land available, so one can only get so far from the highway before finding oneself in the ocean. There's really nothing we can do about the placement and location of the highway. Please understand the attitude and atmosphere of the Keys- the high-rise condos and 5-star resorts of Miami simply aren’t available here, and quite frankly it isn’t fair to expect that.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The only part of this motel is guest services is when they take your money! The lobby closes at 10pm and your totally on your own after that. No smoke alarm, electrical outlets are bare with wires showing, mold & mildew everywhere. Even with all that and the bedbugs and roaches still no refund. Front desk refuses to let you speak to a manager or a GM. They own Bonefish Resort, Yellowfin Resort & Casa Del Sole. I wouldn't let my dog stay in any of them.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
1  Thank Shona M

We do not have, nor have we ever had, bedbugs. Please understand what visiting a tropical island entails- humidity, rain, and yes, insects, which we take very seriously, and take many steps to prevent. Our front desk staff are representatives of the ownership, and speak on behalf of the resort, and are doing their jobs the way they are trained to. We do have a procedure for addressing complaints and refunds, but it does not involve allowing angry guests to bully or intimidate our staff.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This "resort" with 2 stars must be a joke. We stay there for one night in March 2012 and this was the worst and most disgusting place I ever stay at. The room was filled with dirt and I wonder if the have clean it ever!IThere was mold in the bathroom and the man behind the frontdesk was very rude and could only say:"have a nice day" when we complain of and he without look us in the eye.
Don´t go there.

Room Tip: Don´t go there.
1  Thank Kenneth j