“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Frank's Grill was indicated by a local.That's where local eat.Chef Frank , wife and daughter handle the restaurant.Decoration is a must, prices are honest, food is very good, take care place is small, avoid pick hours..

Reviewed January 28, 2013

A neighbor at the condo were we stayed in Key Colony Beach recommended this restaurant. It was the best food we found on our trip to the Keys. They serve Italian food along with seafood. We had the Yellow Tail Snapper. It was wonderful--cooked perfectly in a wine and butter sauce with capers. Salads are good, bread with garlic olive oil dip was delicious. We will definetly go here when we return to the Keys next year. We went for an early dinner and were lucky to be seated. This place is small--you need reservations.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited Franks on a recommendation and we were thrilled with the service and the food. Jocelyn took care of any request we threw at her. With a 5 year old and 3 year old twin, the requests were not that simple... Can you make this, that way?? and make that, this way??!!?....

The pastas were fresh and the sauces were really fresh and very tasty. One of the best features was the roasted garlic served before dinner. We ended up ordering three different pastas and two fishes. I tasted each dish and wiped every bowl/plate clean. The best part was that Franks is not overpriced priced like every other restaurant in the Keys.

Make sure you call ahead and make a reservation - this place is busy 7 days a week. We tried to make a reservation for a second visit but they were booked solid!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited Franks Grill tonight in Marathon and what a terrible disappointment! I had Chicken CordonBlu and the Husband had what was billed as Filet Migon Oscar - both just pitiful. The chicken CordonBlu was pre cooked or frozen, sliced and SMOTHERED with hollandaise sauce (which was totally broken, I might add). They had done this in an effort to reheat this mess and it was terrible. Two small bites and it was OVER for me!
The "Filet Migon Oscar" (not billed as steak Oscar) was NOT AND I REPEAT N O T FILET MIGON! It was like a thick cut of sirloin just smothered in hollandaise with some cheap crab and three large stalks of asparagus. Someone needs to let the chef in on the fact that CordonBlu as a special show be fresh and "special" and if your going to go cheap on a cut of meat don't call your dish more than "steak" vs filet migon and covering a pour cut of meat with blobs of broken hollandaise does NOT MAKE IT A $29.95 dish! Do it well, do it simple and use quality ingredients and I am willing to pay what it takes. In my opinion Franks Grill will not have to worry with me gracing their doors, I wouldn't have brought either dish home as a treat for my dogs!

1  Thank JewelsinMo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Frank's Grill is one of those restaurants that you can always count on to be amazing. It is Italian perfection. It's packed most nights, so make sure you have a reservation. They also do take-out which is a great option. It's tucked away behind the veterinary clinic in a plaza on the gulf side, so you have to really look for it, but it's worth it. Definitely one of my favorites.

1  Thank Keysluver