Review Highlights
Great outing with Captain Buddy!

Had a great afternoon with Captain Buddy. Never fished the Gulf before and were very novice... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Reviewed February 22, 2019
Fdog34
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews mackerel great fishing great guide elderly dad flats fishing book with confidence catch fish fishing experience action packed one liners fishing knowledge share his knowledge great guy mangrove snapper experienced fisherman great stories light tackle
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I just spent a very enjoyable half day morning trip with Captain Buddy. We started by fishing for snapper and caught plenty to eat. He then took us to another spot to catch Spanish mackerel. Once again we were successful. Finally we ended the trip trying for bigger fish using live pin fish and crabs. We were able to catch several jack crevalle which put up a nice fight.

Captain Buddy was very good at explaining the fishing techniques for each type of fishing and overall a very enjoyable day!

Thanks Buddy, we hope to have the chance to fish with you again in the future.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had a great day fishing with Captain Buddy today. Even though my wife was not feeling well she pushed through the fishing trip. Captain Buddy was very conciderate on her having a good time. We will definitely be back to fish with him. I also caught alot of fish.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2019

We recently spent the day with Captain Buddy after the death of my father. My Dad has been fishing with Captain Buddy for 32 years and we wanted to honor his memory with a day of fishing and just being on the water. My brother and I spent the first half of the day fishing and as usual, he put us on lots of fish early. After bending our rods often catching mackerel, we moved locations to focus on snapper and shark. We ended the morning with a 30 minute fight to land a 60 blacktip shark.

Later in the afternoon, Buddy picked up the whole family and we cruised along sharing remembrances of my Dad until sunset. It was a great day and we are so thankful for Captain Buddy's friendship. See you again soon!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

Buddy was a great guide and knew exactly the location of the different kinds of fish. We learned so much from him and had a great time. Highly recommend going out with Buddy!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 19, 2018

Capt. Buddy was everything we were hoping for in a charter fishing trip. We booked him for a half day, and we went well into the early afternoon before coming back - he was very generous with his time. With over 40 years experience fishing the Keys, he adjusted his fishing strategy based on the water conditions, and after a slow start we started reeling in fish after fish - by the end of the day we had so much fish for the week's dinners that we started releasing our catches back to the sea. He was friendly and patient with a couple of inexperienced guys, full of stories and flowing conversation. We will definitely look him up when we return.

Date of experience: December 2018