$110
$93
Blackfin Resort and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
$139
HIExpress.com
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$149
Hyatt.com
Rainbow Bend Fishing Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Seascape Motel and Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$153
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$266
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Captain Pips at Knights Key Inn(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Hotels.com
$225
1,056 results
All reviewskey westdock masterhot tubsombrero beachlarge poolwatch the sunsetfishmile bridgemarinagroundspropertykeysboatredonestephaniemirrormiami
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Don t rent a boat here boat had serious issues, they charge all kinds of add on fees and you have to go to another marina to fuel ridiculous ! lousy attitudes and service! They bill you 500$ Security without telling you when you book

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KarenOnsager
Gary R, Manager at Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Karen,
I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an offsite vendor. I will be passing this on to the staff to help inform them on future requests for offsite boat rentals.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was my husband and I first visit to Marathon.And after looking at a lot of other places and there reviews, there was something about Bananna Bay that cought my eye.Asa small hotel manager in Hollywood Florida, our stay was great. We stayed two nights Sept 14, 15 2013, and the only thing I found was there was no resturant, but the room was clean the hotel and property was clean.I enjoyed talking with the grounds man by the pool very nice and friendly. And we would love to go back, we also wanted to buy a certificate as a gift for our kids.But we are not sure if they are gonna be there next year, hope so. We loved our stay the pool , grill area the marina sunset was beautiful.so relaxing with the grills you don't need the restaurant. Housekeepers were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryloub374
Gary R, Manager at Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Marylou,

We are very pleased that you had a wonderful time at Banana Bay Resort & Marina and are looking forward to returning. The housekeeping and grounds maintenance work very hard to keep the Resort clean and well kept. Certainly, the grill area is a great place to view the sunset and enjoy your island vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your review of Banana Bay and hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well, October is nearly here and my girlfriend and I will be visiting Banana Bay for our fourth consecutive year. I have been staying at Banana bay now for nearly thirty years and although I've seen some changes, (not all good) the place is where I still opt to spend my away vacation..
OK so it’s not a five star hotel, but it is five stars in many other ways.
The pool, although not regularity maintained is a haven and were we spend most of our time.
The Tikki bar can no longer sell liquor but you can take your own down to the pool if like, but they do sell beer and wine.
I read negative reports about the hotel all the time on Trip Adviser, but as long as you understand that the hotel is what it is and can accept its faults, it is a 100% guaranteed chill out location.
We meet friends there every year and with the exception of a few moaners it always nice to go back.
The hotel is up for sale so that might explain the lack of investment in the rooms and pool but take my word, Banana Bay is where you want to stay for a good and friendly time in the Keys.
I have always found the staff helpful and I would recommend it to anyone visiting the Florida Keys.

Room Tip: We go in October because Stone Crab season starts then and its not to hot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin S
Gary R, Manager at Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Martin,
I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us again this year. We are very appreciative of your return patronage to Banana Bay. We also are glad that you have found us to be the place where you can “chill” with your friends. Thank you for pointing out our friendly and helpful staff as they work very hard to try to make all our guests welcome.
Thank you for taking the time to make your comments and we will look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is older, so don't except a brand new room. It WILL have cracks and rust spots and older faucets. It however is pretty clean, carpet is older and stained doesn't look very clean. The bedding was comfortable. The location is good, close to a publix and other shops. The person that helped me check in was not helpful, he did the bare minimum, got my card, gave me key, told me where room was, didn't explain where things were located in premises, didn't say anything about restaurant, tiki bar, or Marina.
Good value for money if you are ok with an older looking room.

• Stayed: August 2013
Gary R, Manager at Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments for Banana Bay. While it is true that we are an older establishment, we work hard to provide a positive experience for our guests with clean rooms and pleasant stay. We shared your comments with the front desk staff so that any of our guests will be provided guidance to what is located on our property. Once again I thank you and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here one night on the recommendation of another Marathon hotel that was full. I was met at the front desk by a very pleasant and helpful man. I got a room in the "Island House" building, which is in the front of the resort next to US 1. Price = $89+tax. I was pleasantly surprised. First, I thought the old-style "real" door key was cool. My room was on the parking lot (not highway) side of building. Never heard any highway noise at all. It was clean and well furnished. Comfortable beds with ceiling fan. The room had a small patio with two chairs and a table. I particularly liked the window with wooden shutters in addition to the sliding door, so that when the curtain for the sliding door was pulled shut, you still had some light coming into the room!

A/C worked fine. Nice desk. Mini-fridge and small coffee maker both worked fine. There was one electrical outlet that seemed a bit overloaded. (See photo).

I walked to the pool area but did not use the pool. Recommendation (that applies to any resort, actually): If you do not want a lot of noise, don't get a room by the pool! Also the marina was only a short walk from the Island House.

This place is not a 5-star resort and has some rough edges, but I never saw any bugs in my room and everything was clean and worked. I thought it was a great value for the price and location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank havanadaydreamer

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of Banana Bay Resort and Marina. Our staff works very hard to provide a good experience for our guests at the Resort and we are happy that you found your stay to be such. I hope that you will be able to return soon and enjoy more time at Banana Bay.