“A nice suprise!”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We didn't have high hopes after a poor experience at Sunset Grill around the corner. This place and Tranquility Bay would keep us coming back to Marathon. The view was beautiful, the staff was attentive and friendly, and the food was local and delicious. They could even "Pittsburgh" a steak which is a "rare" treat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This place was recommended to us by a local. It is not visible from the street except for a big sign before you get on the 7mile bridge. It has a quaint old fashioned feel to it. We choose outside dining for the water view. Very quiet atmosphere. Felt like fine dining. Very prompt and attentive service. The prices are very reasonable. 3 at our table had the local special, each with different reactions. For $16, you got a large piece of chicken with a side and soup or salad and fresh assorted breads (even banana). Large selection of kids menu. Seldom does my son have steak as an option...with ice cream sundae too. My husband had "hog fish" served fresh any way you want it and continues to rave about it. This is a hidden gem.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

Service was good, my sandwich a little dry; but the many other gals lunching with me seemed pleased with their food. View is gorgeous--what you come to the Keys for.

Reviewed June 11, 2010

We love to do it "The Lazy Days Way". Catch and clean your fish and then the chef does amazing things with it. We brought snapper and Mahi to Lazy Days, and Becky and the Lazy Days people took great care of all 13 of us. The atmosphere is very beachy, and the sunset was great. Eat indoors or out. Full wine list and bar. Don't have your own catch of the day? No problem. The menu has something for everyone. Even my kid's fried shrimp was really delicious. We will be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our experience at Lazy Days very much. The food was excellent and the portions were enough for leftovers the next day. The server was attentive and entertaining, as well as knowledgeable about the menu. The view of the Atlantic Ocean was beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant for your next trip to the Keys.