“Memorable Dinner”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #26 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Sebastian, Florida
“Memorable Dinner”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great dinner, everything from the drinks & appetizer to the dessert. Four guys enjoyed a sunset dinner on the deck. We brought our catch and the chef expertly prepared the tuna as an appetizer and the Mahi 2 different ways for our main course. Nothing but raves all around - it was great. Even the soup and vegetables were more than just an afterthought. Don't forget the tropical bread - we snagged some to take home and had it for breakfast the next day. Top Notch!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank AuburnDad

Connecticut
“"Disappointing this trip"”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I love Marathon and have dined at Lazy Days on the last 3 visits: 2014, 2012, 2011. We made reservations on Friday May 9, hoping for a relaxing, end of our vacation dinner. As we approached the hostess station, we observed a woman demanding her check so they could pay and go enjoy sunset....we thought the woman might have been irrational but by the end of our experience we acknowledged she may have been rightfully angry!
Our server Erin was pleasant in her introduction and getting us seated and as i thought she looked familiar,confirmed that she has been employed at Lazy Days for quite some time. After our beers arrived, I ordered Stone Crab Claws appetizer, and my hubby and I ordered seafood entrees for dinner. The stone crab arrived by runner...if you have not had them, it takes a bit to pick out the delicious meat. While enjoying my claws, a different server stopped by the table to ask if my hubby would like another beer. Before bringing the beer, this server came back with 2 salads and stated our server had asked her to"drop them off for her" (Flags went off in my former-server mind...hoping that our dinner order had not been placed...as I was still eating my APPETIZER!). Hubby's beer arrived.
Before my hubby could take 2 sips of beer, our entrees arrived (by a different runner). He immediately noticed I was still eating my APPETIZER! I had yet to get to my salad. He asked if I would like my meal left on the warmer....which I had to do in order to try and hurry up and gobble my food!
Please note that I am not a slow-eater and was making good progress cracking and opening claws....the place was not busy AT ALL...The timing was terrible by this server who should have known better. Personally, I would much rather have the server make me "wait" in between courses than pile up all of my appetizers/salad dinner entrees. And she was unaware of anything going on at this table since she was not seen since our order was placed!
Our entrees were okay...my husband had the seafood platter and did say that the scallops were under cooked. My "kept warm" Grouper was okay too but nothing special. The evening was a big let down and should not have happened in a place like Lazy Days. I do not think we will return as there are much better places to relax and enjoy dining in Marathon that don't rush you through your meal. (and cost less!)

• Visited May 2014
california
“Well done not in a good way”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Traveling through and stopped for dinner Mom had a grilled fish sandwich served on a bun. The fish was dry, over cooked and poorly presented. The plate looked anemic, a piece of fish broken into three pieces to fit on the open face bun with a monkey dish of rice. All for $13.95. Advertised as Hog Fish Snapper but no so sure.
As for me, I ordered the North Atlantic Jumbo Scallops Seared in Garlic Oil. They were neither jumbo, seared, nor cooked in garlic oil. The six completely over cooked, rubbery scallops were served on a platter sized plate with a salad and baked potato. Yes $25.99!!
Finally, the service ... a calamity slow and inept. This joint is a drive by.

Darien, Georgia, USA
“It was OK”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The view is great the food was OK. We heard it was amazing but we were a little disappointed. Very large portions though. the waiter was very nice. My husband got beef tips (I know....why beef tips in this seafood restaurant?) Regardless, the meal was absolutely horrible. The waiter took it off the bill. My conch was good and my friends fish was very tasty. I might try it for lunch....

Visited May 2014
Portland, Maine
“Great meal ”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Out of all the restaurants we ate at while in marathon florida this was the best. We had gator for an appetizer which was...interesting :-)
The prime rib was excellent. Beautiful table overlooking the water and great service.