“Great food - very slow service”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped at this place after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I must say the food is delicious. We requested the outside area, but since it was overcast we didn't get to see a sunset but the area was nice. Our waitress came and took our drink order and it took her 15 minutes to get them to us, the bar was two table away but what I noticed was that we were her only table outside. The inside dining area was very busy so why management gave her a table to wait outside is just STUPID! My Martini was terrible and I sent it back and just drank water. I seen the look the bartender gave my waitress and I felt if I order another mixed drink it was going to be bad. When she was there to deliver our drink I place our appetizer and food order, I figure I'd do this because I felt we probably not going to see our waitress for a while at least the kitchen had our food order. Well, two more couples came and sat at the tables on each side of us. THEIR waitress's were very attentive and fast! They got their appetizers before us and they didn't have to wait 15 minutes for their drinks they were on their tables in a flash! I ended up having to grab what ever waitress passing to get our appetizer, and it was the wrong appetizer, so I sent that back but ended having to wait again for it because the other waitress's started to ignore us because, I'm assuming, they weren't getting the tip so why bother with us. When I did see my waitress I called her over (she was looking very overwhelmed probably by the crowd she had inside!) she was very apologetic and sprinted to the kitchen for our corrected appetizer dropped it off and off she went, back inside! Again I had to flag down another waiter cause we never got our salad. By this time the tables next to us were having dinner! UGGG! I was getting very inpatient and my husband was trying to calm my nerves explaining that she wasn't purposely ignoring us she just assigned the wrong table and that she should have only been servicing those people inside, and THAT"S MY FAULT!! Anyhoot on to the dinner itself, I ended getting off my rump and finding our waitress inside to ask her to check our dinner order and I used the restroom when I got back lo and behold it was at the table! Now mind you the customers at the tables next to us were done and getting their check when I was served dinner at 9:30 we got there at 8. My husband and I
had the broiled seafood platter and we split it. The kitchen was very accommodating at this point because we were pretty much the only people left to be served. It was fantastic! The waitress finally came by and was VERY apologetic, I told her that MANAGEMENT needs to relook at how they assign tables. The dine in area is just as busy as the pier dining area and why would they assign her to only one table outside when they were 4 waitress outside to cover that area?! So my suggestion is for management to review their table assignments, it's really common sense to assign waitress to wait either inside or out but not both, especially when you are a place with frequent diners. I would definitely to back and ask the waitress are you inclusive to servicing one area? I don't that you need to do this for this place. She did send us off with two small loves of banana bread as a consolation gift and we did tip her accordingly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Brought in a mackerel, sat waterside and had a great lunch. Trick is to ask for them to prepare the fish the "lazy days" way, and wow, so delicious! Won't spoil it for you other than to say it was my best meal of the trip.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Whole fried yellowtail snapper, fish tacos with fresh Mahi, any fish lazy days style, coconut batter, jalapeño fish. All excellent. One of the best places to bring your catch and have it served several ways. We had leftovers, which were just a great!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

On our way back from Key West, we wanted to have lunch a good fish place - we decided to try the Lazy Days South, and we got lucky, because this is a great fish restaurant! We sat out on the terrace, you have much choice as well as catch of the day. you can even bring your own catch for them to prepare.

Service was good! we had various fresh fish plates, Mahi-mahi fillets, tuna, snapper all perfectly cooked as we wanted.

I can only say good things about this place!!

Visited in august 2012

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner here. We brought some of our own fish in to have cooked and they did a great job. Large variety of options on the menu. Nice view of the water. Everyone working here was very friend and helpful. Had the yellowtail snapper and it was to die for.