“Not that good”
Review of Lazy Days South

Lazy Days South
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Ocean City, Maryland
“Not that good”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

only 3 beers on draft. I had a steak that was very thin and overcooked. Slow service. This place could be great because of the location, but warm beer and thin overcooked steaks are turnoff for us.

Visited October 2011

Edison, New Jersey
“Delicious and Great View”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We had just arrived in the keys and were trying to find something different to go to. We loved everything about the place. We sat outside and although it was a little hot out we had a nice breeze. Everything about this place was great. We really enjoyed the alligator appetizer. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited August 2011
RI
“Relaxing and enjoyable”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The portions are big, very big, prices are good, everything in the keys is pricey...Like the option of eating outside and being warm. GREAT bar and a very good Key Lime Martini...my new fave.... I wish the staff spoke better english....but they were nice and got the meal right...

Marathon, Florida
“Incredible View, Very Good Service, Average Food..”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Was in Marathon for a night and hour hotel suggested Lazy Days. As we had eaten at their location in Islamorada previously, it sounded like a great idea. The location is easy to find and there is plenty of parking. We walked in on a Friday night around eight without a reservation. We requested a table on the water and was told it would be a few minutes so headed to the bar to wait. The outside bar is great and the bartender made a killer Mango Mojito. Before our drinks were even ready, our table was.

Perfect location to watch the sun set and look out on the water. Picture perfect.

Menu was well organized, nice wine list and overall looked good.

Had a deep fried Lion Fish as an appetizer and that was an experience as it wasn’t something we had ever had before. Something that everyone should try if it stays on the menu. My girlfriend had the HogFish and I had a broiled platter. The food was fresh, no doubt about that. However the Chef seems to go a tad overboard with sauces and additions covering up what could be great seafood. The star of the show was lost in our opinion.

Service was fine, prices were good. Walkedd the docks after dinner.

Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“mediocre service, mediocre food”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

For our last night in the Keys, we decided to treat ourselves to something special, asked a local to recomend a restaurant, and this is what she came up with. We decided to go and have a look at the menu, which certainly appealed to us, though the prices for the seafood dishes were fairly steep. But then again, it was our last night.....

We had asked to be seated outdoors, because indoors the atmosphere is rather non-existent, and it was rather cold, inside. So we had a table with a great view! Without the rain, you could have experienced a wonderful sunset there, I'm sure.

Our waitress served us our cocktails, which were very large glassed with very little alcohol. We then ordered our seafood dishes and were very quickly served a good bisque, and a very disappointing salad, consisting of hard iceberg lettuce, 2 big chunks of tomato and two slices of cucumber.

The cutlery was the same we used to see in the German Democratic Republic, before 1989, which is to say, very, very thin and cheap, easily bendable, as someone before me had demonstrated, whether meaning to do so or not, with a fork, whose teeth looked totally disformed.

The waitress then brought us our main course, although we had ordered an appetizer. While discussing whether we would skip the forgotten appetizer or not, it was rather clear that she wanted us to get on with the meal, and so we did. We had the grouper and the hogfish, and the latter was covered in an extremely sweet sauce, which was not quite to my liking. The waitress had taken away my knife, so I had to wait a while for her to bring me a new (GDR) one. As I wanted to have the sweet potato fries, I had to pay a dollar extra, which is quite hilarious if you order a 29 dollar dish, in my opinion.

After we had finished, the waitress informed whether we would be interested in coffee or dessert. I asked for a few minutes, after which we were given coffee, without any questions being asked, quickly followed by the bill.......

Boy, was that dinner a disappointment!