“Casual waterside bar & grill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dockside Tropical Cafe - CLOSED

Dockside Tropical Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A waterfront venue located on Boot Key Harbor in the heart of the Florida Keys. Newly redecorated bar and live music stage with a view of the harbor. Casual relaxed dining on "the dock" offering live entertainment.
West Palm Beach, FL
“Casual waterside bar & grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We'd been walking around town all morning and were ready for a late (1:30) lunch. We'd heard about this place last time we'd been in Marathon but didn't take our dinghy over due to rain. The dinghy dock was crowded but we found a spot and walked up to the 'cafe'. Liked the waterfront casual seating with good water views.

We sampled pina coladas and the grouper rueben and blackened mahi sandwiches. Our server was pleasant and a little absent minded; the drinks and food were average. It looked like a fun spot to go to with a large group of friends in the evening to hear the entertainment.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Milford, New Jersey
“Great place to enjoy authentic Keys party life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We frequent the Keys and found this place through the local papers. The food and liquor selection isn't extensive, and is good, but nothing to write home about. We were intrigued by the entertainment line up and the fact that the place is co-owned by a local musician. We caught the place on Karaoke night. It was great fun.

What I really like about the place is that it is truly a locals place. It is off the beat path, and features a big stage with lots of seating. Go there for late night drinks and a snack if your hungry, but mostly to catch the entertainment and be a part of the locals scene.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Vilano Beach, Florida
“The Wait...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Went to see a old friend play some music at Docksiders. Joined by my good friend, we walked in sat down and waited and waited. The owner walked right by the table and didn't acknowledge us or the fact that we had no drinks or menus. Finally, my buddy went to the bar and was told that we had to wait on our server. The only server.. I noticed lots of dirty tables and knew we were in trouble. I would have walked out but, I wanted to see my old friend play some music. Finally got drinks and ordered dinner. The food was good but, the experience was ruined by the service and having to wait 15 minutes to be acknowledged. I spend a lot of time in the keys, I will not return or recommend.

2 Thank Phisher812
Kim H, Owner at Dockside Tropical Cafe, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback... We always welcome any feedback, in order to continue to improve. Can you please tell me exactly what night you were there? We have had some issues with some of our servers, and would like to address this with the correct server. In response to your comment "The owner walked right by the table and didn't acknowledge us or the fact that we had no drinks or menus." Without making excuses, I can assure you if it was my husband, he more than likely had his hands full mixing the music for your friend, and if it was me, and I was on the floor, I was handling some order of business. Our most humble apologies in either case.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and if you can please respond and let me know exactly what day and time you were in, we will be able to address the issue. I would love to meet you in person, and buy you a drink next time you are in.

Kim Hess-Stone
“Everything I had hoped for, and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Order the jerked hog handles, don't ask, just order them! They pour a good drink (and stock some very nice Rums and Tequilas) The live music is some of the best around especially Sunday jam nights when all the locals come out to play (they even let me break out my guitar and play every once in awhile). The atmosphere is exactly as you would expect around a keys marina, no frills old Florida style, with excellent views of the water, pelicans, iguanas, nearby islands, sail boats, yachts etc. When we were there we saw a family of manatees tooling around right by our table! You won't see it cruising down US1, it's about a mile off of the beaten track, but worth finding on your GPS!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Shawn B
Marathon, Florida
“POOR SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The waitress was treble there were items on my bill that I did not order or have. Waitress was not a happy person and the food is not good. Would not recommended to anyone.

Visited May 2014