“A hidden gem - a perfect getaway in the Keys.”

Seascape Motel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“A hidden gem - a perfect getaway in the Keys.”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Seascape is off the beaten path, and yet civilization is not far way if you need it. Friendly service, a pool, breath-taking ocean views are just of the few reasons we love going back here. Marathon is in the exact middle of the Keys, so this a great central location from which to make day trips and explore all of the islands. Don't miss Leigh Ann's Coffee House and Wine Bar - it's funky and fun - not far from Seascape.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I love this motel. Its right on the water with a dock big enough to fish off of and tie up your boat. Low key and relaxing, away from the hustle and bustle but close to everything you need. If you are looking for room service and an expensive hotel....this is not your place. If you are wanting to fish, snorkel, swim and have fun around the pool come to Seascape. The rooms are clean and cold with everything you need. Jay, the manager, is the greatest. We stayed in June and I left one shoe......Jay kept it for me until we came back. This is the perfect atmosphere for family or couples with something for everyone. I wont stay anywhere else. Great job, Seascape!

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Fantastic Hide-a-way! True Old Florida feel. Put our boat in, kept it docked safely right on location. Inn keeper Jay took great care of us! We went with another family and the kids loved everything especially the huge pool. Very convenient to everything, yet you feel like you're on your own private Caribean Island. The Seascape will be our only destination in the keys and can't wait to get back!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The hotel is perfectly situated in Marathon and has easy access to the ocean for diving and fishing. We brought our boat and the direct access made for a simple trip. The pool is very relaxing and big and the rooms are just what we needed for a great weekend. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2010

If you are going to the Keys to fish, dive, snorkel or shop...Seascape is the right place. When my family and I go to the Keys there are some days that we want to spend fishing and some days we want to go to Key West and be a tourist. The grocery stores are right down the road. West Marine, local fish and dive shops, all close by. If you want to fish, dive, and snorkel, there are deep water boat slips at your front door. This place is true "old Florida Keys". If you are looking for "Hoity Toity", look elsewhere. The pool is huge, so it stays cool in the hot FL sun. Great to cool off in after a long day on the water. Oh, and the gentleman that takes care of things, Jay, he is the Man!

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Seascape is like having a second home in the keys. Jay, who runs seascape does it all. He makes you feel welcome and will answer any question you might have. Seascape is a place you feel comfortable. The rooms are very clean and old florida, The landscape is beautiful natural Fl., and the marinia perfect for the boat. You can sit by the beautiful pool and cook the fish you caught in the morning on the grill. The only problem with Seascape is leaving. You miss Jay and Seascape as soon as you leave .

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was the perfect get away for my husband and I. We have a 2 year old and the silence I experienced here was wonderful!
It is so private infact, that my husband and I were the only guests staying there for 4 nights. I had the pool to myself all day while my husband fished off the shore and the dock... you can catch tarpon of the dock at night.. very cool.
We had the room with the kitchen, stove/oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, full sized fridge, and a round table with 2 chairs. Right outside our room was a gas grill and an ice machine.
The bathroom was small but competely functional and came stocked with plenty of wash cloths and towels.
Right outside the bathroom is a closet that fit all of our things and had hangers as well.
The bed was king and comfy and smelled and looked very clean and there is a flat screen in the room as well which gets tons of channels.
The property itself has tons of flowers and plants, I found myself walking around looking at all of them everyday and seeing something new all the time.
Jay, the property manager, is a very wonderful and nice man, easy to talk to, and seems to have quite the green thumb.
If you are looking for a place to be pampered, or enjoy luxury, this is not the place for you. It's very serve yourself as there is no housekeeping. I enjoyed not having housekeeping as there was no one knocking on my door and trying to get us out of the room.
We would definately stay there again and I am sure if we get another chance to go away alone we will be calling Jay for a reservation!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon

Been to Seascape Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!