“Best hotel during our vacation!”

Seascape Motel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Budapest, Hungary
“Best hotel during our vacation!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Seascape Motel and Marina in early January. It is a beautiful and very well maintained property in a quiet area away from the main road. The hotel has a beautiful view and is right by the water. The swimming pool is large enough and clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in room #2 (king), which was very pleasant an comfortable. It's a very romantic place and we would definitely go back!

Room Tip: room #1 and 2 are right next to each other and have seating areas in front of the door
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2014

​The Seascape Resort has a LOT to offer. The location is fabulous. The Keys are narrow so many places to stay are very close to the highway and can be noisy. Seascape is down a side street ​and ​set way back from ​Rt 1 (a half mile or so) and is very quiet. It's on 5 acres! You don't find that very often down here. There are two great docks and you can fish right from them. Did I mention the pool? It's good size and very clean. There are outdoor grills so you can do your own cooking if you want. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby as well.

Much of the Keys was developed in the 1950's as was Seascape. ​It was originally a very large single family home. The rooms are clean although not overly fancy. But most of us go to the Keys not to spend a lot of time in our room.

There are kayaks available for use by guests. The staff couldn't be nicer. Sofia, Shannon & Bob will all go the extra mile to make your stay a pleasant one. And the guests are typically very laid back and interesting - not pushy or demanding. I like that. Nobody is trying to show off or one-up their neighbor. And there are often a number of international guests which is fun.

If you are looking for a quiet spot with a wonderful ambiance and great location then the Seascape is for you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A perfect ocean side local to relax! The room smelled great and was very clean including the bathroom. Our bed was also very comfortable. It was not noisy at all and we are readers at night. The owner is hands on and is obviously going to create a special getaway here, I just hope it's not to soon because the affordable price will change also. Sofia is as wonderful as you will read! I locked our keys in the room one night and she had to come from a night out to let us in, and with a smile I might add. And you can rent a captain and his boast at their dock. I loved this place so much I booked 3 rooms in March to bring my parents and my brother's family. We can't wait!

North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed two nights meeting friends we have known for more than 54 years! They celebrated their 60th anniversary. Lovely grounds and were just putting in new patio furniture. Staff made us feel like we were at home. Room # 4 Comfortable King Bed large closet, separate bathroom, small kitchenette w/microwave and fridge. Quite nice and very quiet -no traffic noise as you are more than a zig zag block from the main highway. Being there in January with a cold snap, they gave us a small heater that did the job. We would stay there again.
Ron & Sunny Grabert

Room Tip: use website and see if room meets your needs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
berlin
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in this very lovely and cute motel. Room no 8 on the ground floor was spacious w/ kitchen, extremely clean, and nice touches w/ regards to interior decoration. A place to really relax as it was directly by the sea, quiet and w/ nothing going on in the immediate vicinity. So you just have to slow down yourself - very nice! Pool and beach-y area also very well maintained w/ nice touches like a hammock to chillax by the water.
It is a motel, though, don't be fooled. You can hear some noise from neighbouring rooms, the fridge had its busy moments in the middle of the night, generating some noise as well.
If you're looking for a friendly (Sofia at check-in - thanks a lot!), down-to-earth, clean place to unwind - come here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bernalillo, New Mexico
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Based on the reviews, I had pretty high expectations. I would frankly not stay here again. Our room was extremely tiny, to the point of being uncomfortable. There was not room for nightstands so glasses, etc. had to go on the floor. We were there during a cold snap, and just about froze with no blanket on the bed, plus no phone to call for one. The next day I mentioned that a blanket would have been nice, or even a space heater. I was told that "we don't use heat anywhere in Florida." Well, I have a home in Florida and I can guarantee that's not true! The attitude just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. The grounds, pool, and waterfront are nice. Shortly after we arrived we sat in lawn chairs near the ocean, trying to soak up a little sunshine on an otherwise cool day. We were shocked when an a groundskeeper turned on the sprinkler in our vicinity and we got wet. To his credit he seemed to feel bad. So, after I changed, I tried sitting in the sun on our little sheltered patio, but another groundskeeper decided it was time to use the leaf blower in my immediate vicinity. After getting covered with dirt and dust, I went inside the room pretty fed up. Chalk it up to just a bad time overall. I'm only rating this average because so many others think it's wonderful. I just don't get it.

Room Tip: Avoid room 8.
2 Thank mandre
tedd930, Owner at Seascape Motel and Marina, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Mam,
I am so sorry to here you were not 100% satisfied with your stay however we do appreciate
the positive comments about the property and have taken your complaint about the lawn equipment to our manager and have decided to run equipment a specific times.
next I would also like to apologize about the heater we were not prepared for the record breaking cold and I have now personally supplied space heaters which will be provided when needed. I hope not soon it was 81 today!!! :))))
Lastly about your room, you were a same day walk in call in booking in our busiest time of year in which we only had 2 rooms available yours and another costlier room, you opted for our most economical room which by the way still faces the ocean, however during a cold and rainy day I understand being in a smaller room would not be a very good situation. there is someone at the front desk at all times and if you would have come to us I am confident we would have addressed the issues and been able to resolve them to your satisfaction. I really encourage you to come back on a warmer week I am sure you will then see what others are so pleased about when staying with us. Thank you again.
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed one night here in December and loved the place. Situaded just by the sea with lovely rooms in a quiet neighbourhood. Pool and dock, but no beach. Walking distance to the highway with restaurants/bars. Service was really great and they made you feel home. Only negative was weak WiFi and a refrigerator that made quite a lot of noise. Given value for money in the area it still manages top rating from us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
tedd930, General Manager at Seascape Motel and Marina, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind feedback we are working hard to keep the cozy laid back keys resort atmosphere going, it was a pleasure to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon

Been to Seascape Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!