“Ocean Front Deal”

Ranked #1 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
Marathon, Florida
“Ocean Front Deal”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had some company visiting for the opening of lobster season. I booked them a room at Seascape Resort. The property is large with a boat ramp and pool. Plenty of dockage for their boat and close to everything in Marathon. Room was large, A/C was ice cold, pool was clean and on quiet dead end street. One of the last nice Keys resorts without the fluff and extra expense for a chain hotel. Very good value. Worth not having an overcrowded house!!!

Room Tip: Room 7 was big and cozy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Love the old school Keys vibe that Seascape has. When I pulled up to the property, I felt like I was coming home to the family property. The yard is huge with an amazing ocean view. The pool is big and there's plenty of dock space for your boat. I chartered the fishing charter there, Florida Keys Reel Adventure and had an awesome time catching huge yellowtail out on the reef. We had a group of five so we rented two rooms. Room 7 & 5. The rooms are spacious and clean. The decor is comfy and old school but I totally dig that. If you like the reel Keys experience, this place nailed it! If I wanted a high end, overpriced facade, I would have stayed in Miami. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Samantha E
Michigan Center, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We returned once again to the Seascape for a week in July and were a little worried after hearing the place had a new owner. Well let me tell you no need to worry! The Place is still fabulous and our favorite place to vacation. We travel a lot and this is by far our most relaxing vacation destination. The atmosphere makes you fell like you are at home and not just at another Hotel/Motel chain. The rooms are large and clean and we just love having the Kitchen and BBQ area to use. The amenities meet our every need from the dock for the boat, pool,hammock, BBQ grill, fire pit but my all time favorite this time was the balcony over looking the ocean. I just loved our room except the TV was kinda small (just kidding I think it must have been at least 100") it was huge!
We did not meet the new owner but heard nothing but good things about Ted. All the staff were very friendly and went out of there way to make us fell at home. Sofia is a huge asset to you Ted! She is the perfect hostess and works very hard but always takes the time to make sure you slept good the night before and that you are relaxing and having a good time. From all of the staff to the other guest you truly do fell like you are at a family home and not a motel. Keep our little PARADISE the same and we will be back in March 2014.

Room Tip: Perfect location to anything in the Florida Keys. You can get to any other Key in an hour or less.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chuluota, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Seascape Motel and Marina was a GREAT place to stay while chartering for lobsters. The facilities were clean, cozy and right on the ocean side with spectular views. Also, Seascape has a nice pool to enjoy and relax after a busy day on the ocean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest places we have stayed in our 13 years of visiting the Keys. The grounds are large, the price is right. There is a pool, dock for your boat, large yard for the kids, or adults to play. It is off the beaten path, and yet close enough to Marathon to do your shopping, eating, touristing!!The staff is wonderful and friendly.

There are many wonderful places to visit in Marathon, including Crane Point, Pigeon Key, sunsets and dinner at outdoor Keys Fisheries. Also, it is only an hour or so to Key West for an exciting day there to visit Mel Fischer's Museum, Hemingway's home, and so much more. On your way, stop off at No Name Key and see the tiny key deer. There are so many opportunities in the Keys for photos.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and clean.
2 Thank tefsearch
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

wow, how cool - I always seek out those places from the 40's 50's and 60's that are still as they were back then and not all renovated. I am a child of the 70s and remember how things were and loved that era, I am not happy with all the sterile sameness we have today. I don't need all of the luxury most people have come to expect today, I preferred the simpleness of the 70s. Here it is! What I find in many old places is they are now dirty and unkept. This place is clean an wonderful. it feels like you are visiting a friend at their house. the room was large, ac worked great, grounds are beautiful, view is wonderful. the only negative is that because the rooms open onto the marina area you have to listen to people driving their large trucks up and leaving their engines running and the engine rumbling sound is disruptive to the peace and quiet. twice I wanted to go up and ask those people to turn off their damn engines. they would just sit in the truck for 30 minutes doing nothing and the engine running. but this is not the hotel so you cant really blame them (although if I were the owner I would make it a point to ask people to turn off their engines when sitting still for the respect of hotel guests). pool area was clean, lobby and patio area were really nice and hotel manager lights tiki torches at night. bring everything you need, don't expect chain hotel services like ice machines or concierge services - treat it like you are visiting your aunt at her house. the internet only works if you go sit on the patio and that was a bit frustrating - the owners should fix this at all cost because this is one thing I like even with the old. for the tv you had to get up to control the power and volume but it was full cable so it was not that bad. I will still go back if I ever have the chance.

Room Tip: ask for one of the rooms without someone above you for the best experience - they are further away f...
1 Thank joe c
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My fiance and I stay here for 3 nights in July 2013. The room and motel property were adorable! I wished there was more of a kitchenette. We were not provided with spoons, forks, etc. My fiance really enjoyed fishing off the dock. They also have a neat little area where the land juts out. They have a hammock strung up between a couple of trees right by the water which was very relaxing. There is free wifi which cannot be accessed from your room because the building is concrete. However, Sofia told us we were more than welcome to use wifi in the lobby and that we would be able to get a better connection there. Sofia was so friendly and welcoming. I never felt as though I was bothering her when chatting, asking about restaurants, etc. She even went out of her way as to provide some fishing charter information which I briefly mentioned to her when we first arrived. I would DEFINITELY stay here again if I were to come back to Marathon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,640 reviews

Been to Seascape Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!