“Clean, Cute and Convenient Location”

Seascape Motel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 17 Marathon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Seascape Motel and Marina was a GREAT place to stay while chartering for lobsters. The facilities were clean, cozy and right on the ocean side with spectular views. Also, Seascape has a nice pool to enjoy and relax after a busy day on the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Seascape Motel and Marina

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest places we have stayed in our 13 years of visiting the Keys. The grounds are large, the price is right. There is a pool, dock for your boat, large yard for the kids, or adults to play. It is off the beaten path, and yet close enough to Marathon to do your shopping, eating, touristing!!The staff is wonderful and friendly.

There are many wonderful places to visit in Marathon, including Crane Point, Pigeon Key, sunsets and dinner at outdoor Keys Fisheries. Also, it is only an hour or so to Key West for an exciting day there to visit Mel Fischer's Museum, Hemingway's home, and so much more. On your way, stop off at No Name Key and see the tiny key deer. There are so many opportunities in the Keys for photos.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and clean.
2  Thank tefsearch
Reviewed July 30, 2013

wow, how cool - I always seek out those places from the 40's 50's and 60's that are still as they were back then and not all renovated. I am a child of the 70s and remember how things were and loved that era, I am not happy with all the sterile sameness we have today. I don't need all of the luxury most people have come to expect today, I preferred the simpleness of the 70s. Here it is! What I find in many old places is they are now dirty and unkept. This place is clean an wonderful. it feels like you are visiting a friend at their house. the room was large, ac worked great, grounds are beautiful, view is wonderful. the only negative is that because the rooms open onto the marina area you have to listen to people driving their large trucks up and leaving their engines running and the engine rumbling sound is disruptive to the peace and quiet. twice I wanted to go up and ask those people to turn off their damn engines. they would just sit in the truck for 30 minutes doing nothing and the engine running. but this is not the hotel so you cant really blame them (although if I were the owner I would make it a point to ask people to turn off their engines when sitting still for the respect of hotel guests). pool area was clean, lobby and patio area were really nice and hotel manager lights tiki torches at night. bring everything you need, don't expect chain hotel services like ice machines or concierge services - treat it like you are visiting your aunt at her house. the internet only works if you go sit on the patio and that was a bit frustrating - the owners should fix this at all cost because this is one thing I like even with the old. for the tv you had to get up to control the power and volume but it was full cable so it was not that bad. I will still go back if I ever have the chance.

Room Tip: ask for one of the rooms without someone above you for the best experience - they are further away f...
1  Thank joe c
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My fiance and I stay here for 3 nights in July 2013. The room and motel property were adorable! I wished there was more of a kitchenette. We were not provided with spoons, forks, etc. My fiance really enjoyed fishing off the dock. They also have a neat little area where the land juts out. They have a hammock strung up between a couple of trees right by the water which was very relaxing. There is free wifi which cannot be accessed from your room because the building is concrete. However, Sofia told us we were more than welcome to use wifi in the lobby and that we would be able to get a better connection there. Sofia was so friendly and welcoming. I never felt as though I was bothering her when chatting, asking about restaurants, etc. She even went out of her way as to provide some fishing charter information which I briefly mentioned to her when we first arrived. I would DEFINITELY stay here again if I were to come back to Marathon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked the largest room/suite for 3 couples (6 of us). We arrived early and we're permitted to use the facilities on the property until 3pm. Upon checking in my wife requested a second key (were only given one) the gentleman at the front insisted that there was a second in the suite. There wasn't.

Then upon checking out the room we found that we only had 1 1/2 rolls of tp. No biggie, we should be able to ask for more. Unfortunately no one was around to ask. The weather turned sour and we retired to the room. We looked around for the wife password and it was nowhere to be found. Found a number beside the bed and called it. The gentleman who answered was quite nice. Unfortunately he no longer worked there. Once again no one useful could be reached. Then the weather really picked up and blew right in to the room flooding the floor of the kitchen. We used up the few towels we had.

Fortunately the following day we found the housekeeper and she was able to restock us.

The year prior we stayed and had an amazing time. Unfortunately this time fell short.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at Seascape with a large group and what a time!! This is your typical Keys atmosphere with all the amenities at your finger tips. Fishing charters, snorkeling, diving right at the very place your staying. No need to venture out it's right there for you. The place was recently acquired by Ted whose working extremely hard to make sure it's a trip you won't forget. Sofia was most accommodating and helped us all weekend make sure we had everything we needed and more! Ted was actually working on the place while we partied and when he was done hung out with us to the tunes of a great local acoustic musician who stopped in for a real Keys treat! The pool is wonderful and refreshing after a day on the water. Rooms are very clean and spacious. So if you want a great little place to nestle in and relax this is it, Paradise!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ffighter
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a big group of people over a long weekend.
Everything about the hotel is great, the room, the staff
the view, everything was great, many thing to do, boating,
fishing, snorkeling, you will love it here

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon

Been to Seascape Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!