“Just look south.”

Marathon, Florida
“Just look south.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hello travelers,
I know the Marathon (islands) very well as I have lived and worked there for 23 years. There are 5 islands that make up the area. I returned this year (2013) and my accommodations for the season were not quite ready. Lucky for me I know a guy that knows another guy.... Well I ended up staying with the crew of the Seascape Motel and did I ever choose wisely. Not only was the atmosphere pleasant,clean and quiet, the staff looked after my every need miles past my expectations. The pool is right there on the ocean looking south and with a east wind I was able to forget all that is mixed up these days. Sofia choose the room I stayed in but showed me a few of the others as the property has had some updates in the last few months.
If your in the Marathon area and need a nice place to (take in some island time) don't hesitate to call Sofia at (305)-743-6212. She and her team can point you in the right direction for fishing, diving, sight seeing ect. Have a nice time and RELAX.... Its the Keys !

Room Tip: They are all so different just look at what they have and I'm sure you'll find one you like.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here a week in Mid-May, 2013. Found it by accident, and the BEST find I could have made. Away from the masses, a great view of the ocean, and a room for one that was cozy and had all I needed. The price was right too. A perfect place to "get away". The staff was very helpful, and made me feel like I was right at home. As Arnold said, "I'll Be Back". Thanks Seascape!!

Room Tip: A good getaway. You want to be alone, here it is....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee,Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The Seascape has just changed ownership and in the process of updating this motel. It was clean and had the basics. We appreciated the location and price as we were never in our room. The pool looked great but we didn't use it.They have a fishing service at their dock.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank rayslane
Skovde, Sweden
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at Seascape Motel & Marina for a week in may 2013 and loved it. The location is perfect, a great view over the ocean and just enough distance from the main road. The staff (Ted, Sofia and Dev) was very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. Free wifi, free parking, clean rooms, and a cozy lounge-area in the lobby where they serve coffee and you can hang out with both guests and staff. I can really recommend this place if you are going down to the Keys.

PS. and Sofia is Swedish so if you ask her nicely she can make the coffee a little bit stronger ;) DS.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Me and my girlfirends stayed her for our Birthday for one night and we wish we would have stayed longer. The place is cozy, quiet and decorated with an island flair...Very clean and we had candy kisses and candles wating for us in our room. The lanscaping was beautiful, The girl at the from desk was very attenative (sorry forgot her name)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanda G
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

On our way down the keys we reached Marathon at that time of day - time to stop and relax. "Lonely Planet" mentioned the Seascape as good value and a peaceful spot. So we went and had a look - only stayed two nights but would have liked it to be longer. Lovely pool good size, clean rooms and did I mention quiet? No highway noise! No noisy crowds. What a contrast to our previous three nights in Miami! Seemed to be only a couple of other rooms occupied so it was really peaceful. We sat at the pool looking out over the ocean enjoying a quiet beer. It's within driving distance of quite a few eating places. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I made a reservation last minute and Dev was very accommodating. She left the door to our room unlocked since we would be getting there after the office was closed. We were pleasantly surprised with the room. It was very clean and well taken care of. Our room had a small refrigerator and a nice sized table, a small TV with cable, a king size bed, a single bed and an inflated single mattress in the closet with an extra set of sheets ready in case we needed it. Overall we were very pleased and will return to this hotel when we go back to Marathon.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a king bed, single bed, small table, refrigerator and a TV with cable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hdsmemphis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key

Been to Seascape Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!