“PERFECT KEYES BOTEL!!!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Marathon B&B and Inns
Fort Myers, Florida
“PERFECT KEYES BOTEL!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I try to get down to the Keyes at least once a year and if possible MORE! Just love this Botel! It is a perfect location, right off Vaca Cut. The grounds and rooms are both very clean, EVERY TIME. They always help us put the boat in the water (ramp on the grounds). The boat is right outside the back door of the room.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Perfect Keyes Botel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hobe Sound, FL
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My son and I came down with the boat for a few days on the water. Second trip this summer to Marathon but first time at the Royal Hawaiian. Phil and Laura were awesome hosts. This is the quintessential old-time Florida Keys property. Reminded me of the places I stayed at with my family on our mid-seventies Florida vacations. The grounds are clean and well kept. Loved the pool; smaller but deep and surrounded by foliage. The water was not hot as one expects to find when staying in Marathon in the summer. We had room 6 with a kitchen. Clean and comfortable. The boat was docked outside our back door. The convenience is excellent. I chose this motel given the reviews. I was not disappointed and will return. Thanks!

1 Thank hobe8000
Homestead
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I made the wise decision to spend the weekend in the keys but wanted to try a new experience, so we continue about 30 miles south of where we usually stay. It was extremely worth it. We were greeted by the manager Phil, after checking in, he actually went to the ramp to help us with the boat. While my husband went around with the trailer I got on it to go park it in front of our room when I realized it was taking water. Without hesitation Phil asked me to toss him the rope and after getting the boat close enough got in the water and put the plug in.
I was still in shock and say thank you, he responded, “not at all that’s what I’m here for”.
We took a room with a kitchen, not only had a coffee maker,( but get this) coffee pouches and sugar, a fridge microwave table 4 chairs nothing was missing. A hair dryer and liquid body soap dispenser in the bathroom. This place has it all. 2 chairs and a small table outside by the front door. My son his wife and my granddaughters came later and rented the unit next to ours, we had a blast. The fish cleaning area is also well kept.

Room Tip: call ahead of time
1 Thank One48
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed here before, have made many friends here and will come back soon!! They are clean, quiet, cozy, and right on the water. You can literally fish from your room if so inclined! We won't ever stay anywhere else. The on site managers Laura and Phil were nice, accommodating, and informative too. Phil knows the fishing rules and also will talk to you about his favorite places to fish and tips for your adventure. They keep the grounds clean and very well groomed. The pool is pristine, the rooms are immaculate. I can't really believe that people would be able to rate this place as a one star and be disappointed!! I guess they were expecting the Marriott?? The one thing that makes this place my favorite is the whole retro aspect. This motel is straight out of a 1950's vacation movie. But that's the entire appeal! Who cares if the towels are cheap? I'm telling you, if you know anything about the keys and it's retro quaintness then you will be pleased with this place too. The entire appeal is that it is NOT a commercial chain motel with cookie cutter rooms and an expensive concierge. You can fish off the dock, you can go eat at Herbies, you can drive to Big Pine, fish from bridges, and enjoy a quiet getaway. There is nothing better than a young couple that takes pride in their motel and a nice quiet place to cook up your catch. They have grills there, a coke machine, table, a place to clean your catch. What's not to love?

Room Tip: They have little kitchenettes and basic rooms. There are only 8 rooms. They all face the dock and o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sammi W
miami
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is awesome !! My wife and I decide to get away for a weekend. The rooms are very spacious and well kept. Having my boat in the water right outside the sliding glass door was ideal. The staff is very attentive and professional. We will be staying there again real soon and recommend this place to anyone who may ask.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

me my family and friends have been staying at this hotel now everytime we go to the keys it's great for the kids fishing it's great for convenience to both sides of the ocean and there's no other place I'll stay great hotel boat access as well we thank you guys and look forward to seeing you soon Phil and Lori what great people

Matthew Campbell

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Couldn't be happier with Royal Hawaiian. Laura & Phil were SO accommodating. Super Clean room and kitchen. Beautiful grounds, we loved the pool too!!! Had fun fishing off the deck in the evenings. Docked our boat outside our room. Gorgeous blue water greeted us every morning before we went out to fish and snorkel. Great restaurants nearby, as well as Publix. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the Keys, look no further.....it doesn't get any better!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
Glunz Ocean Beach Hotel & Resort
#1 of 1 in Key Colony Beach
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway

Been to Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel? Share your experiences!