“Oceanfront Presidential Suite”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed here for three nights a few weeks ago checking out May 7. I had read reviews here and at other sites. Some people love it some hated it??? I emailed the manager with a few questions and to tell her what I was looking for during my short vacation. Debbie quickly responded to my email and I booked the Presidential Suite.

Upon my arrival I was greeted and checked in quickly. Staff was very helfpul with local information and directions. My room was in the 4 story high rise building feet from the water and a marina. Parking under the building on ground level, then the 4 floors go up from there. I was on the top floor. I walked in to a huge apartment like suite. In fact it was bigger than apartments I lived in. I think it's 1200sq. ft. A full size kitchen, washer and dryer, microwave, dish washer, and full stove and refrigerator. The living room has sliding glass to the huge balcony. The bedroom is large and with a comfy bed. Sliders to the balcony also. I left them open all night. The breeze and sound of the water was an excellent way to fall asleep. The balcony was furnished with plastic patio furniture. To give an idea of the size, not a suggestion, this balcony probably would fit 15 people easily. Sunrise was amazing.

I rented a boat from A1A Watersports. They are located on site. Dot hooked me up with snorkel gear and plenty of information about places to go and snorkel sites. She went over a short safety course and told me about the shallow waters and provided maps. Thanks Dot, I had a blast!!

The local establishments in Islamorada were great with views and awesome seafood, of course. I found the local people to be welcoming and great to talk to. I will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed May 12, 2010

It is a 2 star accomodation and only a 2 star accomodation. If the rooms were renovated, it could easily be a 3 star Motel. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, as expected, nothing more, nothing less. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. You are on the water front if you rent the condo units. Also cool is the jet ski and boat rentals which are right at the water front of the Motel....and the people that run it are the best.
The so called breakfast included is nothing more than a choice of a small cup cake, an apple or orange, and a cup of coffee, pretty pathetic....but it is the only real negative comment I can make. You truly get what you are paying for.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Booked this hotel after getting out of a reservation in Tavernier that had absolutely abysmal reviews. When looking for a hotel I wanted to find one that did not cost an arm and a leg but also wasn't infested with wildlife and had working appliances. After looking at many options, I decided that this would be a safe choice for the price I was willing to pay. I did not care for an extensive list of amenities in or around the hotel because I planned on enjoying the Keys rather than the inside of the hotel room and this hotel delivered. The staff was exceptional and handled any request we had with a smile (including multiple keys locked in the room). Beds were comfortable and pillows were fine, and the usual hotel room features were sufficient (TV, Shower, lights, etc). Our room had a kitchenette (mini fridge, two stove coils, sink) but all we used was the mini fridge. Free wifi was a nice touch as well. The only complaint I have would be that the in room AC unit was loud and I am a light sleeper, but my travel partner did not even notice the noise. Overall I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who wants a friendly and clean place to stay while in Islamorada.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

A spur of the moment trip down to the Keys whilst stopping over in Miami. Booked this Hotel on-line and we were delighted with it. Had an Ocean view room on 4th floor and it was amazing. Large clean room with a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, free internet connection too - balcony to sit out on and observe the many birds visiting this Key and able to view through our binoculars a nesting pair of Ospreys feeding their chicks! awesome..........

Manager was extremely helpful for our onward journey gave us a list of "must see places" en-route to Key West. Invaluable. You MUST visit the "Wide World" shop on your right just up the road from Hotel - fabulous place..........

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I stayed there for my wedding in February and I had the most wonderful experience. The staff is great!!! They all were so helpful and made our weekend the better than we could even imagine. We held the rehearsal at the Iguana Cafe the night before and Steve did a fabulous job putting everything together for us. The owner even gave out stuffed animals to the children! The rooms are beautiful and it was a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Based on the other glowing reviews, we booked a two night stay here during our Florida road trip. We had 2 options, an ocean view room, or a 'pool view' with a kitchen. We checked out both and decided to leave -- the woman at the desk couldn't have been nicer to us (she allowed us to cancel our res w/o any penalties) but both of these rooms had some serious issues. The ocean view room did have a nice view, but the furnishings were seriously outdated, and it was a bit smelly, I suspect from the aging ac/heating unit (especially for a rate of about $175/night). The pool view room didn't have a view, again the furnishings were also really dated and had some cleaning products smells - this room was going for almost $200/night. The pool didn't look like anything I wanted to spend any time at -- we didn't make it down to check out the beach, since I knew we couldn't stay in either of these rooms. I'm really not that super picky about hotel rooms, but for that kind of dough I expect a bit more (it was I guess a busy time to travel, easter break etc, so maybe the rates were higher than normal)....anyway just know ahead of time what you may be getting into..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Had a wedding in the area and our group stayed at the Days Inn. Stayed there before, always had a great stay. The ocean view suites in the tower have beautiful views. The pool side villas have a loft, a lot of room, and very convenient access to the pool. Even the garden view efficiences are fine and a great price.
The hotel is in a great location for anything in Islamorada.
The staff really cares that you have a great stay and went out of their way to accomodate every one of our guests.
It's the only place I'll stay in Islamorada.

• Stayed: March 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
#3 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada? Share your experiences!