“Get Away at Islamorada”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The staff was very funny, welcoming, and eager to please. They suggested some really amazing local food! It was quiet and relaxing near the ocean; loved relaxing in the hammock and on the balcony later in the evening when it cooled down a little. I also had great laughs enjoying some drinks at the Iguana Patio. Enjoyed the pool. All around a great trip! I will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony out-looking the ocean and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Ok I came on a weekend getaway with my family, we stayed in the suite... As soon as we got in the room the a/c was registered at 89 degrees, we put it on 75 to lower the room temperature.... 1 hour passed n the room was still HOT! On top of that we lowered it to 60 degrees n left the room for to go out for dinner... We got back n the room was STILL HOT! My mom called the front desk, they had someone come over n it was some crocodile Dundee looking dude telling us that we could either transfer rooms but the same problem was going on in that room two so there was no point, my mom tells the guy to check the a/c n to please fix it.. N the guy says there was nothing he could do.. So my mom says k fine I'll speak to the manager tomorrow morning n the guy tells her no I am the owner of the property & he says if you guys are not satisfied you guys can leave the property! Not my problem! The guy clearly lied about being the owner because the moment my mom said she was going to speak to the manager he freaked out n started stuttering! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank Honestreviewperson
Reviewed August 23, 2014

front desk took forever to come see me the room was hot as heck and didnt cool down at all i had it on 70 went to go eat took about 2 hours came back and the room was blazing hot still horrible please for the love of God dont come here you will be upset ..then my mom called the front desk and some guy came and was twichy and weird and looked like a creep and started snapping on my mom and being really rude i was on the verge of getting up and knocking him out seriously he was practically sceaming at my mom and told us "its not his problem and we can get off the property" this place is horrible ZeroStars!

3  Thank robg1390
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I called for a late check in. I did not make it in until early in the morning and the hotel cancelled my reservation and charged me for the room. As well the room was unavailable to me. They then raised my rate for the following days of my stay.
I would Avoid this place. Poorly managed.

3  Thank Bob P
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is a great disappointment. Area is cramped. Boat ramp is a joke. Marina full if rental boats and not so clean. Pool is like a sauna and science experiment. Full of Algae and who knows what else. Room is ok once we upgraded to poolside(joke) villa. Any serious fisherman
/divers stay away unless you like carrying gear long distanced to your boat. Never again.... Breezy palm, smugglers, ragged edge have no worries. My wife wants her picture near the pool but she won't swim in it. Too dirty .....

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat D
Reviewed August 11, 2014

8/5-8/8
We paid $180/night, it's worth only $30/night. Stay at a Motel6!!! Major health and safety issues! Raw sewage leaking from pipes falling on people and their cars!! Uncovered electrical outlets!!! Dirtier than a campground cabin! Complaints did nothing except bring a drunk maintenance guy to the room with a light bulb who wanted to stay and chat! The floors were covered in dog hair and dirt grime on tile. Towels stained and had hair stuck to them. Not enough towels for a family of 4 as reserved for. The continental breakfast was non-existent and was only from 8-9:30am, so forget it if you have early plans like diving. No fruit or juice, and the limited number of tables were covered in other's trash. The beach is horrible, unless all you want to do is try fishing.
No response from the owner! But no worries, I'll be calling the FL Chamber of Commerce, BBB, and Days Inn Directly to have all their licenses revoked and a sizable credit back to my card as I refused to sign the credit slip as I do not agree to pay what was charged!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank BJW_74
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Rooms are old, mattress's are old and worn out. We found underwear and contacts in one of the beds on check in. Linen was given to me to change all 3 beds which I had to do myself. Garbage of coke bottles, chip bags, and fishing lure wrappers were found under the beds. The pool is full of black and yellow algae. I complained to the manager and nothing was done to correct the pool. The pool patio is full of cigarette buds and leaves. Chairs and furniture are dirty in the pool area. This is clearly not a beach resort. It is run down.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Angie D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
#3 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada? Share your experiences!