“Only plus is the view”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Miami Beach, Florida
“Only plus is the view”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn last weekend and was excited to stay in a new place in Islamorada with an "ocean view." The complex looked a bit dated and the building where our room was probably has seen better days. For the price, the owners need to update a few things including: the elevator, our king bed, the A/C units, the dated joined doors to the next room where you can hear everything, and the breakfast area. Our bed was awful, probably the worst bed I've slept in in years, and I've stayed in many hotels. It sunk in the middle and made it seem like we were sleeping in someone's basement. Also there were rust stains on the walls near the A/C unit and other appliances. Like I said, the view was the only plus to this place and with the other options in town, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: You may want to ask if the room has been updated. I'm not sure if this is in their plans, but i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel needs a little of an update. I really had no problems with the nightly rate. It was Valentine's Day and it was season. Thus, to me $219.00 for an ocean view room is actually not bad. We decided to stay in Islamorada for Valentines Day on our way to Key West for a wedding. Hotel rooms in Key West were running over double that rate. Booking the room was no problem and the staff appeared to be very nice and helpful. However, the room that we stayed in was definitely dated. First, the king bed had to be the oldest and mushiest bed we ever slept in any hotel. My wife and I had to sleep on opposite sides of the bed because if we slept in the middle we would basically fall into a chasm. Second, the furniture in the room was extremely dated. Now, that is normally not a problem but when you feel like if you are gonna sit in a chair and its going to break...that's a problem. Third, there were rust stains around the AC unit, which indicates to me no one is maintaining the room/AC unit. Fourth, the carpet was dirty and looked like it had been there since the hotel opened. Fifth, the wallpaper and paint was peeling/cracked in a few places. They do offer continental breakfast for free, which is great. However, the dining area is very cramped. The location is very good. It is near lots of good restaurants in Islamorada. Additionally, they have a place on the hotel grounds where you can rent kayaks and jet ski's. So that is a plus. This place could be so much better if the rooms were better. However, this place is good if you are just stopping for a night or maybe two.

Room Tip: Room 401 has a great ocean view but as described it is very dated and the king bed in the room is te...
michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Beautiful views! Excellent staff! Outstanding customer service. Couldn't be more please.
This get away was exactly what was needed. The hotel was clean. The staff very helpful. Close to everything I wanted when venturing out was on the agenda. Peaceful when I wanted to relax. The pool was clean, inviting and refreshing. Everyone was on their toes and ready to assist. Really enjoyed my vacation. Looking forward to my next visit to Islamorada where I definitely will book the Days Inn Islamorada. This Days Inn property is unlike any other.

Room Tip: Ocean view all the way. Pool side rooms looked nice too. Either option great for a family or group...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed all we have to offer and hope to see you again in the near future.
Coastal North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very good hotel. We had 2 rooms on the 4th floor with water views - comfortable and clean. We used the boat rental marina adjacent to the hotel and rented a deck boat and rods for the afternoon to fish offshore. Well run and boat was clean and operable. Hotel and boat were somewhat overpriced, but typical of the season in the Keys. Excellent restaurant nearby, the Lorelei. All in all a nice stop on the way to Key West.

Room Tip: The 4th floor rooms had the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are very happy you were able to enjoy the wonderful weather and spend time on the water. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Islamorada.
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Ocean view was a joke and for $229.00 per night, you would think the doors between the rooms would lock for the safety of the family. The sliding door on the first floor would not lock, nor would the door between the room adjacent. The night clerk said nothing could be done, and the hotel (if you could call it that) was booked, and I needed to report it in the am to the front desk. My wife was scared to death and I had to sleep with my weapon under my pillow and block the door with the bed with slept on. I reported it first thing in the am to the front desk, and they stated it would be corrected. We returned around midnight after enjoying the keys, and nothing was fixed. HORRIBLE place to stay and way over priced. In addition the beds felt like you where sleeping in quick sand.

J.R.
South Miami

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our second stay at the Islamorada Days Inn. Loved every minute of it. Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. As we walked around the property we were greeted by the staff who always asked if we needed anything, how our stay was so far and could they do anything to make it better. Talk about great customer service.

We again stayed in the poolside villa. The room was spacious and clean. No complaints there. Housekeeping was on top of everything. We had one day with bad weather and stayed in the room most of the day. When housekeeping came by we told them we were ok and there was no need to clean the room. We later left for dinner and upon our return discovered that the housekeeping staff returned to clean our room while we were away.

I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Islamorada Days Inn and look forward to my next trip there.

Room Tip: Loved the pool side villa. Haven't stayed in the ocean view rooms but heard fabulous things abo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are striving to make all our guest's stay as wonderful as possible and hope you will have the chance to stay again on your next visit.